Samsumg vs asus

Status
Not open for further replies.

poeppoep

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
hey everybody,

i'm thinking of buying a new laptop. I'll be using it just for light study activities, watching movies and photo shop and so on. I won't be doing any extreme gaming or other heavy activities.
Which one should i choose, the Samsung sf 510 - S01NL or the Asus x52jc- ex127v.
As anyone can see from this message, I'm really don't know the first thing about computers... Any advice is welcome!!
greetz, Hidde

poeppoep

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2011
yes, I tryed Bestbuy and similar sites.. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me why I shouldn't buy one of these two. Otherwise I will buy the samsung, it looks more nice :)
Hidde

Asus-X52J series - potentially, the best option of the bunch. Rated 90% at Notebookcheck but I'm still missing the link to the actual site you're looking at to be sure.

When I looked at the BestBuy website and check the specs on the $629 Samsung SF510-A01 I would have sworn they made a mistake listing the graphics as Intel GMA 4500HD. What is up with that? The i3=370 2.4GHz CPU package has a built-in integrated Intel HD Graphics chip which is better!!
I saw the same error in a couple other sites and even the Samsung website didnt help clear that up.

The independent reviews over all are good. c/Net Samsung SF510-A01 review. - Samsung SF510-A01 reviews @ Notebookcheck.
It got a 'Best All Purpose Laptop' award from Laptopmag.com.

If you're looking for a better performance alternative at the same price - Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 $639
It has an i5-480 2.66Ghz CPU & Geforce 310M graphics. Lenovo IdeaPad Z560 reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.