HDCP Compliant? Samsung S24B240BL

malarkey721

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I just bought a Samsung S24B240BL from Staples last week while it was on sale for $150. I'm using it as my primary PC monitor right now, but after buying it have noticed conflicting information online regarding whether or not the monitor is HDCP compliant.

Is the only surefire way to tell if it's HDCP compliant is to do something like hook up my PS3 to it and see what happens? The reason I haven't tried this yet is because I will need to purchase an HDMI > DVI adapter or cable to test.

I've scoured the manufacturer's website and feel like I've done my due diligence trying to search online for the information, but haven't been able to find anything certain that says whether or not the monitor is HDCP compliant.

Is there any other way to test this?

Thanks in advance for any input/feedback/responses!

EDIT: The native resolution of the monitor is 1920 x 1080. I'm not sure if that automatically means it's HDCP compliant or not.

Solution
Depending on your graphics card, when you go to either Catalyst Control or NVIDIA Control Panel there should be a tab that says "HDCP Status" and would tell you about compatibility.

I'd imagine it would be hard to find a new monitor nowadays that didn't offer HDCP honestly.

sk1939

Distinguished
Depending on your graphics card, when you go to either Catalyst Control or NVIDIA Control Panel there should be a tab that says "HDCP Status" and would tell you about compatibility.

I'd imagine it would be hard to find a new monitor nowadays that didn't offer HDCP honestly.

Solution

malarkey721

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

Success! Checked the HDCP Status tab in the NVIDIA control panel and it shows HDCP compliant.

Thank you so much for your help. Saved me from having to buy an adapter just to test it out.