YADG (Yet Another Dungeon Generator)

While poking around, I found this dungeon generator, with description of
the workings and the source code:

http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml

It seems fairly useful, and could be extended to allow for pre-placed
components, thought it is really designed for small dungeons (P&P
roleplaying), and could be very slow if naïvely implemented. It has
plenty of parameters, and you can get a huge variety of room+corridor
dungeons just by changing the numbers. This would be good to give each
level/region a different feel, whilst doing most level-generation with
the same code (easier debugging and maintainance).

--
Simon Richard Clarkstone: s.r.cl?rkst?n?@durham.ac.uk/s?m?n.cl?rkst?n?@
hotmail.com ### "I have a spelling chequer / it came with my PC /

    Auric__ wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:04:08 +0100, Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
    >

    >>While poking around, I found this dungeon generator, with description of
    >>the workings and the source code:
    >>
    >>http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml
    >>
    >>It seems fairly useful, and could be extended to allow for pre-placed
    >>components, thought it is really designed for small dungeons (P&P
    >>roleplaying), and could be very slow if naïvely implemented. It has
    >>plenty of parameters, and you can get a huge variety of room+corridor
    >>dungeons just by changing the numbers. This would be good to give each
    >>level/region a different feel, whilst doing most level-generation with
    >>the same code (easier debugging and maintainance).
    >
    > All they're doing is stealing bandwidth from Jamis Buck, who wrote the
    > program. His page for the generator is here:
    > http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi
    >
    > He also wrote a few other generators. I believe they've been mentioned
    > in here before.

    Still calls his site to run the actual code, check out some abcgi
    mega maps! (seed with 0% random) How cool is that program.

    http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=14&sparse=quite&minroomh=1&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=0&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=abcgi
    http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=15&sparse=some&minroomh=2&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=100&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=abcgi

    --
    ABCGi ---- (abcgi@yahoo.com) ---- http://codemonkey.sunsite.dk
    ..Hajo's H-World - RogueLike/RPG Engine SourceForge Project...

    ABCGi wrote:
    > Auric__ wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:04:08 +0100, Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
    >>

    >>> While poking around, I found this dungeon generator, with description
    >>> of the workings and the source code:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml
    >>>
    >>> It seems fairly useful, and could be extended to allow for pre-placed
    >>> components, thought it is really designed for small dungeons (P&P
    >>> roleplaying), and could be very slow if naïvely implemented. It has
    >>> plenty of parameters, and you can get a huge variety of room+corridor
    >>> dungeons just by changing the numbers. This would be good to give
    >>> each level/region a different feel, whilst doing most
    >>> level-generation with the same code (easier debugging and maintainance).
    >>

    >> All they're doing is stealing bandwidth from Jamis Buck, who wrote the
    >> program. His page for the generator is here:
    >> http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi
    >>
    >> He also wrote a few other generators. I believe they've been mentioned
    >> in here before.
    >

    > Still calls his site to run the actual code, check out some abcgi
    > mega maps! (seed with 0% random) How cool is that program.
    >
    > http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=14&sparse=quite&minroomh=1&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=0&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=abcgi
    >
    > http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=15&sparse=some&minroomh=2&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=100&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=abcgi

    http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=15&sparse=some&minroomh=2&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=100&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=1119184656

    Room 13 - lucky - very old silver dragon!!!???!!

    Room #13:
    Door (east, 12 from north): wooden, good, free
    Door (east, 10 from north): wooden, good, locked, up-sliding
    Door (east, 8 from north): (concealed) wooden, strong, locked, behind
    rubbish
    Door (east, 6 from north): (concealed) iron, stuck, behind rubbish
    Door (west, 3 from north): (concealed) illusory wall
    Door (north, 6 from west): wooden, simple, stuck
    Door (south, 3 from west): (secret) side-sliding, gesture trigger
    Monsters
    very old silver dragon
    Treasure
    1,760 platinum coins (17600 gp)
    gemstone - red-brown spinel (90 gp)
    gemstone - chysoprase (40 gp)
    gemstone - aquamarine (200 gp)
    gemstone - obsidian (6 gp)
    gemstone - onyx (50 gp)
    gemstone - tiger eye turquoise (10 gp)
    gemstone - moss agate (11 gp)
    gemstone - aquamarine (600 gp)
    gemstone - chalcedony (70 gp)
    gemstone - zircon (50 gp)
    gemstone - star rose quartz (60 gp)
    gemstone - golden yellow topaz (400 gp)
    gemstone - chalcedony (50 gp)
    gemstone - banded eye agate (12 gp)
    gemstone - citrine (50 gp)
    gemstone - bloodstone (70 gp)
    gemstone - brown-green garnet (120 gp)
    gemstone - rose quartz (60 gp)
    gemstone - peridot (50 gp)
    gemstone - blue quartz (10 gp)
    +3 dwarven waraxe (18330 gp)

    --
    ABCGi ---- (abcgi@yahoo.com) ---- http://codemonkey.sunsite.dk
    ..Hajo's H-World - RogueLike/RPG Engine SourceForge Project...
    .......Downloads - https://sourceforge.net/projects/h-world...
    ............Home - http://h-world.simugraph.com...............

Development Video Games