YADG (Yet Another Dungeon Generator)

While poking around, I found this dungeon generator, with description of
the workings and the source code:

http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml

It seems fairly useful, and could be extended to allow for pre-placed
components, thought it is really designed for small dungeons (P&P
roleplaying), and could be very slow if naïvely implemented. It has
plenty of parameters, and you can get a huge variety of room+corridor
dungeons just by changing the numbers. This would be good to give each
level/region a different feel, whilst doing most level-generation with
the same code (easier debugging and maintainance).

--
Simon Richard Clarkstone: s.r.cl?rkst?n?@durham.ac.uk/s?m?n.cl?rkst?n?@
hotmail.com ### "I have a spelling chequer / it came with my PC /

Auric__ wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:04:08 +0100, Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
>

>>While poking around, I found this dungeon generator, with description of
>>the workings and the source code:
>>
>>http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml
>>
>>It seems fairly useful, and could be extended to allow for pre-placed
>>components, thought it is really designed for small dungeons (P&P
>>roleplaying), and could be very slow if naïvely implemented. It has
>>plenty of parameters, and you can get a huge variety of room+corridor
>>dungeons just by changing the numbers. This would be good to give each
>>level/region a different feel, whilst doing most level-generation with
>>the same code (easier debugging and maintainance).
>
> All they're doing is stealing bandwidth from Jamis Buck, who wrote the
> program. His page for the generator is here:
> http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi
>
> He also wrote a few other generators. I believe they've been mentioned
> in here before.

Still calls his site to run the actual code, check out some abcgi
mega maps! (seed with 0% random) How cool is that program.

http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=14&sparse=quite&minroomh=1&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=0&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=abcgi
http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=15&sparse=some&minroomh=2&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=100&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=abcgi

--
ABCGi ---- (abcgi@yahoo.com) ---- http://codemonkey.sunsite.dk
..Hajo's H-World - RogueLike/RPG Engine SourceForge Project...

ABCGi wrote:
> Auric__ wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:04:08 +0100, Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
>>

>>> While poking around, I found this dungeon generator, with description
>>> of the workings and the source code:
>>>
>>> http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml
>>>
>>> It seems fairly useful, and could be extended to allow for pre-placed
>>> components, thought it is really designed for small dungeons (P&P
>>> roleplaying), and could be very slow if naïvely implemented. It has
>>> plenty of parameters, and you can get a huge variety of room+corridor
>>> dungeons just by changing the numbers. This would be good to give
>>> each level/region a different feel, whilst doing most
>>> level-generation with the same code (easier debugging and maintainance).
>>

>> All they're doing is stealing bandwidth from Jamis Buck, who wrote the
>> program. His page for the generator is here:
>> http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi
>>
>> He also wrote a few other generators. I believe they've been mentioned
>> in here before.
>

> Still calls his site to run the actual code, check out some abcgi
> mega maps! (seed with 0% random) How cool is that program.
>
> http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=14&sparse=quite&minroomh=1&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=0&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=abcgi
>
> http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=15&sparse=some&minroomh=2&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=100&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=abcgi

http://www.aarg.net/~minam/dungeon.cgi?width=30&roomcnt=many&height=30&minroomw=2&maxroomw=15&sparse=some&minroomh=2&maxroomh=15&random=0&secret=25&deadends=100&concealed=50&level=20&resolution=15&seed=1119184656

Room 13 - lucky - very old silver dragon!!!???!!

Room #13:
Door (east, 12 from north): wooden, good, free
Door (east, 10 from north): wooden, good, locked, up-sliding
Door (east, 8 from north): (concealed) wooden, strong, locked, behind
rubbish
Door (east, 6 from north): (concealed) iron, stuck, behind rubbish
Door (west, 3 from north): (concealed) illusory wall
Door (north, 6 from west): wooden, simple, stuck
Door (south, 3 from west): (secret) side-sliding, gesture trigger
Monsters
very old silver dragon
Treasure
1,760 platinum coins (17600 gp)