Win32 MAG beta - Mike's Adventure Game (roguelike) ported ..

Last response: in Video Games
June 22, 2005 5:55:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.rogue (More info?)

June 22, 2005

Mike's Adventure Game (MAG) is now ported to Win32.

The game is a superset of Rogue with many extras including
smarter monsters, better maps and better gameplay. It looks
like some of the ideas eventually made it into Crawl.

File here (source, Win32 executable, dos executable, original source):

http://www.geocities.com/steve_ued/2005_06_22_mikes_adv...

Main page: http://www.geocities.com/steve_ued

I can't find anything out on this game except the name, date, and
original
developer entries on Balrog roguelike page.

Any extra information will be appreciated (post it
rec.games.roguelike.development)

Notes:
Converted code to ANSI C (almost all of it) (following same method
as other ANSI C code upgrades - see main web page)
Port to Win32 console
Beta
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 9:45:46 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development,rec.games.roguelike.rogue (More info?)

su ha escrito:
> June 22, 2005
>
> Mike's Adventure Game (MAG) is now ported to Win32.
>
> The game is a superset of Rogue with many extras including
> smarter monsters, better maps and better gameplay. It looks
> like some of the ideas eventually made it into Crawl.

I remember having played Mag a long time ago, it was a very interesting
game, and way very advanced for its time; I think it has been long
undervalued and a lot can be learned from it.

I havent had the chance to try your port, but thanks ;)

--
Slash
http://peltkore.net/~szdev