• Drivers
  • Laptops
  • Webcams
  • Download
  • Samsung
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 14, 2013 1:39:56 PM

my samsung laptop RV511 is only 18 months old, the hardrive gave up. I have had a new hardrive installed however only 500 GB rather than 640GB. The recovery disc did not work so had to download windows 7. My webcam seems to be non existant since installing the new hardrive. Do I need to install drivers for the laptop to recognise there is a webcam on this machine

More about : samsung webcam driver download rv511

a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 8:57:00 PM

"Do I need to install drivers for the laptop to recognise there is a webcam on this machine"

Yes, because you did not install Windows from the Recovery Discs which contain the model-specific drivers.
Check in Device Manager because there may be other drivers you need too. Get them from Samsung's website for the UK: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/supportMain.do

If you are not in the UK, click the link at bottom left of Samsung page to change country.

m
l
January 15, 2013 8:08:59 PM

phil22 said:
"Do I need to install drivers for the laptop to recognise there is a webcam on this machine"

Yes, because you did not install Windows from the Recovery Discs which contain the model-specific drivers.
Check in Device Manager because there may be other drivers you need too. Get them from Samsung's website for the UK: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/supportMain.do

If you are not in the UK, click the link at bottom left of Samsung page to change country.

I have been on the samsung website so many times and cannot find the downloads.
m
l
January 15, 2013 8:19:26 PM

i have had had a look in device manager and it acknowledges a webcam but sais the driver is installed and no upgrade is needed
m
l
January 15, 2013 8:43:26 PM

sorry thanks for your help so far, but checking the device manager, it sais there is a usb webcam (which there is not) and the webcam that is on the laptop is called a youcam - its so confusing, any more help would be much appreciated, thanks - could i get a disc from samsung and install everything again? The samsung website is not helpful at all
m
l
!