Your question
Closed

Free programs to unlock a HDD2 built in password on a toshiba laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks

Best solution

a c 572 D Laptop
February 1, 2011 1:07:16 AM
February 7, 2011 4:33:32 PM

yes!!! for like 3 weeks now. i have 2 kids and am 24 and in college not exactly any play money to buy one of these password crackers. isnt there a code that i can type in?
Score
Related resources
a c 572 D Laptop
February 7, 2011 5:31:36 PM

For the BIOS, the MFGR can provide one for your specific unit. You'll need to work with Toshiba to get that.

For the HDD passwords, no, there is no universal unlock password. Someone once set a unqiue password there.

And I'm guessing you already found the F2 new password option didnt work for you?
How to Bypass the HDD Password on a Toshiba Laptop
Score
February 7, 2011 6:36:53 PM

WR2 said:
For the BIOS, the MFGR can provide one for your specific unit. You'll need to work with Toshiba to get that.

For the HDD passwords, no, there is no universal unlock password. Someone once set a unqiue password there.

And I'm guessing you already found the F2 new password option didnt work for you?
How to Bypass the HDD Password on a Toshiba Laptop

yup i found it but it just beeps at me and it says enter you built in HDD2 password.can it clear itself if i take out the cmos batterey? it wont even boot without that password first..
Score
a c 572 D Laptop
February 7, 2011 9:34:37 PM

No, the CMOS battery trick used to work before they started using non-volatile RAM (NVRAM). The only way to get to where you can change the HDD password is through the BIOS .. for which you need the BIOS password.

I saw a couple incident reports where it seems like a power problem - abrupt power loss for example - can have the effect to get the password challenge when one didnt exist before.
Score
October 1, 2011 5:13:55 PM

shyllab said:
yes!!! for like 3 weeks now. i have 2 kids and am 24 and in college not exactly any play money to buy one of these password crackers. isnt there a code that i can type in?

anyone needing help with toshiba bios passwords I will help for free. DELETED BY MODERATOR....

DO THAT AGAIN AND YOU WILL GET BANNED...READ Toms TOS...
Score
May 27, 2012 5:39:51 AM

frank1234 said:
anyone needing help with toshiba bios passwords I will help for free. contact tope1505... at hotmail.com

have a hp laptop with a toshiba hard drive need unlock code
Score
February 24, 2013 3:22:06 AM

frank1234 said:
anyone needing help with toshiba bios passwords I will help for free. DELETED

I have a toshiba thats locked out can you tell me how to open it?
Score
a c 248 D Laptop
February 24, 2013 1:29:30 PM

Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
Score
a c 248 D Laptop
February 24, 2013 1:29:36 PM

This topic has been closed by Brett928S2
Score
!