Vote for logos

I like Kaleth's the best for teh website though they were all great!

-tom

The Sheep wrote:
> Please, all of you, active posters, lurkers, vote for the roguebasin logo.

I only just saw them, 'cause it required changing my browser settings,
so first time around I didn't.
Ideally I'd like to see them all get a turn on rotation, but assuming
you want a single logo, my votes are (are they meant to be in any
order? Mine are not, i.e I'm assuming 1 vote = 1 point):

a) Kornel logo #1
b) Milesss logo #2
c) Kaleth logo #only
..
Well, back to coding.
--jude hungerford.

At Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:50:59 GMT,
Kronikarz wrote:

> "The Sheep" wrote:
>>Please, all of you, active posters, lurkers, vote for the roguebasin
> logo.
>>http://roguebasin.t-o-m-e.net/index.php/The_Roguebasin_Logo_contest
>
> Well I'd like to see a more XP-ised version of your #3 :) Or a smaller
> version of Ethaniel's #4

Xp-ised? Does it have something to do with extreme programming?

--
Radomir `The Sheep' Dopieralski @**@_
($s) 3 Ching!

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 20:21:39 +0000 (UTC), The Sheep <thesheep@
sheep.prv.pl> wrote:

>At Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:50:59 GMT,
> Kronikarz wrote:
>
>> "The Sheep" wrote:
>>>Please, all of you, active posters, lurkers, vote for the roguebasin
>> logo.
>>>http://roguebasin.t-o-m-e.net/index.php/The_Roguebasin_Logo_contest
>>
>> Well I'd like to see a more XP-ised version of your #3 :) Or a smaller
>> version of Ethaniel's #4
>
>Xp-ised? Does it have something to do with extreme programming?

No, he wants it to get more experience points and go up a level!

--
R. Dan Henry = danhenry@inreach.com
Dance, Puppet, dance!

comments@foresightsagas.com wrote:
> I like Kaleth's the best
Thank you! :) But now I think that another scheme of colors would have
been more appropiate for it.
--
Kaleth, writing from a realm deep into the mountains...

Kaleth napisał(a):
> comments@foresightsagas.com wrote:
>
>> I like Kaleth's the best
>
> Thank you! :) But now I think that another scheme of colors would have
> been more appropiate for it.

Wow! You wrote message for the next day.

--
Milesss
m i l e s s s @ i n t e r i a . p l

Milesss wrote:
> Wow! You wrote message for the next day.

Yes, my computer tends to screw up the time when I'm not looking
--

"Kaleth" wrote:
>Milesss wrote:
>> Wow! You wrote message for the next day.
>
>Yes, my computer tends to screw up the time when I'm not looking

<OT>
Mine shifts back the time about a minute each day and hangs if you try
to change it. My clock is now 1:45 behind the current time. :/
</OT>

Cheers,
Kronikarz

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Kronikarz <kronikarz@gmail.com> schrieb:
> <OT> Mine shifts back the time about a minute each day and hangs if
> you try to change it. My clock is now 1:45 behind the current time. :/
> </OT>

You want NTP.

> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

You also want to fix your sig seperator.

--
Jim Strathmeyer

Kronikarz wrote:
> Mine shifts back the time about a minute each day
[OffTopic_too]
That happened to me with a PII I had and didnt know why.. maybe the
CMOS battery?
[/OffTopic_too]

[Extremely_offtopic]
Could any time warping/travelling be implemented in a roguelike?

Imagine:

You open the door.
The warpbat hits you. The warpbat hits you.
You hit the warpbat. You kill the warpbat.
A time portal opens. The same warpbat from the past comes into scene!
The warpbat bites you in the neck. You bleed to death, puny adventurer.
Do you want your possessions identified? [yes/no/argh!]

They could lead to interesting creatures and/or situations.
[/Extremely_offtopic]
--
Kaleth, writing from a realm deep into the mountains...

The Sheep napisa³(a):
> At Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:50:59 GMT,
> Kronikarz wrote:
>

>>"The Sheep" wrote:
>>
>>>Please, all of you, active posters, lurkers, vote for the roguebasin
>>
>>logo.
>>
>>>http://roguebasin.t-o-m-e.net/index.php/The_Roguebasin_Logo_contest
>>
>>Well I'd like to see a more XP-ised version of your #3 :) Or a smaller
>>version of Ethaniel's #4
>

> Xp-ised? Does it have something to do with extreme programming?

Maybe it has something to do with Windows XP look.

--
Milesss
m i l e s s s @ i n t e r i a . p l

At Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:48:01 +0200,
Milesss wrote:

> The Sheep napisa³(a):
>> At Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:50:59 GMT,
>> Kronikarz wrote:

>>>logo.
>>>Well I'd like to see a more XP-ised version of your #3 :) Or a smaller
>>>version of Ethaniel's #4
>> Xp-ised? Does it have something to do with extreme programming?
> Maybe it has something to do with Windows XP look.

And which part of the WinXp look exactly? The greener-than ever grass on
a hill?

--
Radomir `The Sheep' Dopieralski @**@_
(Xx) 3 ...

The Sheep wrote:
> Please, all of you, active posters, lurkers, vote for the roguebasin logo.
> http://roguebasin.t-o-m-e.net/index.php/The_Roguebasin_Logo_contest

Man... those are some cool logos. I wish I had half the artistic
ability of some of you guys. Any chance I could get something for my
roguelike (or permission to use one of these that doesn't get selected)?

I especially liked Kaleth's, Milesss #2, Sheep #3, kornel #1 in no
particular order.

S.

Heroic Adventure wrote:
> Man... those are some cool logos. I wish I had half the artistic
> ability of some of you guys.
I have no artistic ability, only the Verdana font and three filters plus
the ellipse tool from Paint Shop Pro. XD

> Any chance I could get something for my
> roguelike (or permission to use one of these that doesn't get selected)?
You have permission to use my logo if it is finally discarded. :)

Attention H.A., seems like you have an extra vote (only 3 votes per
person were allowed if I recall correctly).

Greetings.
--

Kaleth wrote:
> Heroic Adventure wrote:
>
>> Man... those are some cool logos. I wish I had half the artistic
>> ability of some of you guys.
>
> I have no artistic ability, only the Verdana font and three filters plus
> the ellipse tool from Paint Shop Pro. XD
>
>> Any chance I could get something for my roguelike (or permission to
>> use one of these that doesn't get selected)?
>
> You have permission to use my logo if it is finally discarded. :)
>
> Attention H.A., seems like you have an extra vote (only 3 votes per
> person were allowed if I recall correctly).
>
> Greetings.

Oops... my mistake. Let me amend that.

Heroic Adventure wrote:
> Oops... my mistake. Let me amend that.
>
> Milesss #2, Sheep #3, kornel #1 (in no particular order)
*weeps* :p
--
Kaleth, crying like a tiny girl from a realm deep into the mountains...

Kaleth wrote:
> Heroic Adventure wrote:
>
>> Oops... my mistake. Let me amend that.
>>
>> Milesss #2, Sheep #3, kornel #1 (in no particular order)
>
> *weeps* :p

well you did say I could have your if it isn't selected... ;)

Heroic Adventure wrote:
> The Sheep wrote:
>
>> Please, all of you, active posters, lurkers, vote for the roguebasin
>> logo.
>> http://roguebasin.t-o-m-e.net/index.php/The_Roguebasin_Logo_contest
>>

> Man... those are some cool logos. I wish I had half the artistic
> ability of some of you guys. Any chance I could get something for my
> roguelike (or permission to use one of these that doesn't get selected)?

Tell me what you want and I'll do it. I did for example a new logo for
Tower of Doom (not that I was asked, I just couldn't stand the old one :p)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
> Heroic Adventure wrote:
>
>> The Sheep wrote:
>>
>>> Please, all of you, active posters, lurkers, vote for the roguebasin
>>> logo.
>>> http://roguebasin.t-o-m-e.net/index.php/The_Roguebasin_Logo_contest
>>>

>> Man... those are some cool logos. I wish I had half the artistic
>> ability of some of you guys. Any chance I could get something for my
>> roguelike (or permission to use one of these that doesn't get selected)?
>

> Tell me what you want and I'll do it. I did for example a new logo for
> Tower of Doom (not that I was asked, I just couldn't stand the old one :p)

Hmm I'm not really sure. The full title of HA! is:
Heroic Adventure! Against the Dark Lord

Whatever springs to mind... any thoughts?

S.