Sign in with
Your question

My husband's computer has stopped letting us upload anything

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 14, 2013 6:15:33 PM

Hello,
Yesterday in the middle of him uploading a file .. he had a glitch of somesort and had trouble with an upload it finally did upload but from then on .. we cannot get anything to upload. Whether it is just a zip file or a single photo I send him or if he is trying to install a program (Skype) so he can talk to our grandson ... any suggestions? We are on aol... but it doesn't matter he can't do it on Internet Explorer either ... cna you help us out any... I am stumped. I figure something happened in the middle of the photo file and there was no virus on it, as we both have Kaspersky installed and updated on our computers if that helps any ... I think I have given you all the information I know at this time except we are (obviously) not real computer smart ... and need help desperately! Thanks ever so much ..
January 14, 2013 6:21:40 PM

Do you mean "upload" (from your computer), or "download" (to your computer)?
m
l
January 14, 2013 6:22:12 PM

perform a disk check.
click on the Start button, click in the search bar. Type CMD and enter. Type DHKCHK C, enter.
You will have to be on teh administrator login for this. Let us know what happens.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 6:25:40 PM

I personally would try resetting the router/modem. (you do this by hitting the button on the back of it)
m
l
January 14, 2013 6:44:40 PM

It sounds like your problem is with downloading, not uploading. Downloading means taking something from the internet and putting it on your computer, and uploading is the reverse.

If you haven't done so, completely restart your computer. That will often fix whatever problem.

Is he able to do other things online, like check his email? Have him try this link to make sure he's online
http://amiconnectedtotheinternet.com/
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 8:09:22 PM

mouse24 said:
I personally would try resetting the router/modem. (you do this by hitting the button on the back of it)

Agreed, best place to start, after rebooting.
m
l
!