[ANN] Dungeon City and SF RPG Netbook are dead

I hate it when developers never bother to officially announce that they've
abandoned their projects so I will do better:

Dungeon City (D20-based Angband variant) is dead!
Reason: lost interest, lack of time

SF RPG Netbook (collection of common SF fluff, technology, critters etc.
meant to be used as a source for SF RPG developers) is dead!
Reason: It was a misguided idea.

copx

Antoine

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2003

copx wrote:
> SF RPG Netbook (collection of common SF fluff, technology, critters etc.
> meant to be used as a source for SF RPG developers) is dead!
> Reason: It was a misguided idea.

How so?

A.

Uhmm, I wouldnt mind if you would send me the latest version though of
the SF RPG Netbook.

konijn at gmail dot com.

T.

"konijn_" <konijn@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Uhmm, I wouldnt mind if you would send me the latest version though of
> the SF RPG Netbook.

Done.

copx

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:08:25 +0200, "copx" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

>"konijn_" <konijn@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Uhmm, I wouldnt mind if you would send me the latest version though of
>> the SF RPG Netbook.
>
>Done.

Well, if you're willing to share what you've finished, I'd like a copy
too, then.

--
R. Dan Henry = danhenry@inreach.com

"R. Dan Henry" <danhenry@inreach.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:08:25 +0200, "copx" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:
>

>>"konijn_" <konijn@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> Uhmm, I wouldnt mind if you would send me the latest version though of
>>> the SF RPG Netbook.
>>
>>Done.
>
> Well, if you're willing to share what you've finished, I'd like a copy
> too, then.

Sent.

copx

I can put a copy at roguelikedevelopment.org if you'de like.

--
Björn Bergström
roguelike development [http://roguelikedevelopment.org]

On 2005-07-10 13:22:25, "copx" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote:

> "R. Dan Henry" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:08:25 +0200, "copx" wrote:
> >

> >>"konijn_" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >>
> >>Done.
> >
> > Well, if you're willing to share what you've finished, I'd like a copy
> > too, then.
>
> Sent.
>
> copx

I would like a copy as well

"The Fury" <thefurry@hvc.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[snip]
> I would like a copy as well

Believe me it's not even worth the download. The project died very early so
the book has very little content.
If the book had some real value I would have uploaded it somewhere.

copx

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 06:46:48 +0200, "copx" <invalid@invalid.com>
wrote:

>Believe me it's not even worth the download. The project died very early so
>the book has very little content.
>If the book had some real value I would have uploaded it somewhere.

Thanks for sending me a copy, but I have to agree. It has so little
content that there are tons of better sources out there, including
every single self-published-on-the-internet sci-fi RPG rules set out
there. It isn't worthless, but the ease of finding far more extensive
material, reasonably well-organized, in the age of Google, makes
distribution pretty pointless.

It looks nice, though.

--
R. Dan Henry = danhenry@inreach.com