Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Lines Across Webpages Only, Suggestions?

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 14, 2013 7:38:50 PM

Hello,

I have a family friend that emailed me about computer issues (we all know how that is), but this one is new to me and wanted to see if anyone had some suggestions before I made the 45 minute drive out to see them.

You will find the screenshot below. As you can see, they are getting lines across the screen but in a way that I have never seen before. Now, i am holding their words loosely, but they state that this only happens in the web browser. Looking at the screenshot I can see the line are contained within the browser window, as the IE tabs and window at the top of the screen are intact and normal.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

More about : lines webpages suggestions

a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 9:25:01 PM

Video driver.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 14, 2013 9:38:12 PM

Yes, it will be video card device drivers.

Over the last few years browser developers have started to use video card hardware acceleration for rendering. You can find details here,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/hh562071.aspx

Quoting from the Microsoft article,
"It's critical that you have appropriate device drivers installed to make the most of your configuration. Many manufacturers have recently updated theirs so that GPUs can work correctly with hardware-accelerated browsers."

You can also manually change the HW setting under the IE Advanced tab in Internet options.
"Use software rendering instead of CPU rendering"

Your family friend would probably also find that some 3D games don't work correct as well.
January 27, 2013 7:01:27 PM

Best answer selected by blacklabel8829.
m
l
!