Management tool in BBN

Last response: in Networking
Share
November 1, 2004 9:45:25 PM

After installing the BBN base station, the Management
Tool is still grayed out. What do I have to do to access
it?

More about : management tool bbn

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 10:10:11 PM

If you're running skinning software on your system or have an ATI graphics
card and using the Hydravision feature, both will cause this situation. You
can safely uninstall the BNU in Add or Remove Programs. If you are on
Windows XP, you don't need it anyway, since you can administer the base
station in your browser.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Jake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing the BBN base station, the Management
> Tool is still grayed out. What do I have to do to access
> it?
November 1, 2004 10:25:10 PM

Hi Chris...
I'm not using either of these. Could Windows SP2 be
causing the problem?
Tom

Related resources
November 1, 2004 10:45:24 PM

Chris
I saw your reply to another question:
"Only the front end software (Base Station Management
Tool) has problems with
XP SP2. Just uninstall it in Add or Remove Programs and
manage the router
from the IP address in your browser address line.
Because of XP's built-in
networking, you don't need to additional interface."
Are you saying I can uninstall Broadband Networking in
Add/Remove and then manage it by typing my IP address in
the web address? Or do you mean to just uninstall the
Management Tool portion of the software? Thanks for your
help.
Jake

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 11:00:30 PM

Uninstall, since you're running Windows XP, and then manage from the
192.168.2.1 default (if you left it as that) address in the browser. You
don't need the BNU on XP.
--

!