Management tool in BBN

After installing the BBN base station, the Management
Tool is still grayed out. What do I have to do to access
it?
4 answers Last reply
More about management tool

    If you're running skinning software on your system or have an ATI graphics
    card and using the Hydravision feature, both will cause this situation. You
    can safely uninstall the BNU in Add or Remove Programs. If you are on
    Windows XP, you don't need it anyway, since you can administer the base
    station in your browser.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Jake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing the BBN base station, the Management
    > Tool is still grayed out. What do I have to do to access
    > it?

    Hi Chris...
    I'm not using either of these. Could Windows SP2 be
    causing the problem?
    Tom

    Chris
    I saw your reply to another question:
    "Only the front end software (Base Station Management
    Tool) has problems with
    XP SP2. Just uninstall it in Add or Remove Programs and
    manage the router
    from the IP address in your browser address line.
    Because of XP's built-in
    networking, you don't need to additional interface."
    Are you saying I can uninstall Broadband Networking in
    Add/Remove and then manage it by typing my IP address in
    the web address? Or do you mean to just uninstall the
    Management Tool portion of the software? Thanks for your
    help.
    Jake

    Uninstall, since you're running Windows XP, and then manage from the
    192.168.2.1 default (if you left it as that) address in the browser. You
    don't need the BNU on XP.
    --

    > Chris
    > I saw your reply to another question:
    > "Only the front end software (Base Station Management
    > Tool) has problems with
    > XP SP2. Just uninstall it in Add or Remove Programs and
    > manage the router
    > from the IP address in your browser address line.
    > Because of XP's built-in
    > networking, you don't need to additional interface."
    > Are you saying I can uninstall Broadband Networking in
    > Add/Remove and then manage it by typing my IP address in
    > the web address? Or do you mean to just uninstall the
    > Management Tool portion of the software? Thanks for your
    > help.
    > Jake

Routers Hardware Management Microsoft Networking