Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 laptop turns on with a black screen and movable cursor

Last response: in Windows 7
January 14, 2013 8:18:22 PM

Just today i read a post stating that java has a bad virus. Know that i ran a malwarebites scan and it found 1 harmful item and i deleted the item. After restarting my computer from a prompt, my lenova v570 laptop now turns on with a black screen and a movable cursor right after the windows "welcome screen".

ctrl + alt + delete does not work

I have tried in safe mode and it turns on properly. So, i tried to do what others sujjested on other forums, which was to " roll back my graphics driver" after that, nothing has change.

Please help, i have all my school notes saved on this laptop, and a lot of information is on it.
January 14, 2013 8:47:02 PM

Can somone please help me with this, i need to get this computer fixed soon because all my work information is here, i have already tried many things and nothing seems to work!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 8:59:09 PM

When you start the laptop, keep pressing the F8 key. A menu should pop up.
Select last known good boot config. If it does not work then.
Select start in safe mode. You should get a screen then, and no lock up.
You can do one or two things here.
Uninstall the graphics card driver, then re install it.
Or do a system restore, from the day before ect it went wrong.
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2013 9:35:19 PM

Well if your concerned about your save work (which I would be) and you able to boot into safe mode via F8 use the safemode with networking. Then email or copy your files that you need to USB drive just to be safe. After if you still can't get it going and you have rebuild/install then you won't have to worry about losing your files.
m
l
January 15, 2013 11:56:22 PM

Thanks a lot for the replies guys, i tried everything above even saved everything just in case. In the end i used the last known good boot config and it worked! Thanks a lot weaselman.
-Brendan
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 11:59:20 PM

brendancao said:
Thanks a lot for the replies guys, i tried everything above even saved everything just in case. In the end i used the last known good boot config and it worked! Thanks a lot weaselman.
-Brendan

Go ahead and mark it as solved with the best answer so that the forum helpers will be able to pass the thread and help others :) 

m
l
January 16, 2013 12:09:54 AM

It's a discussion thread , so it has no best answer......
m
l
!