Emachines e720 freeze at set up is starting (win 7 32bit)

tsioun1989

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
hello !!!

i have an emachines e720 with vista installed .... suddenly one day electricity is going down ..... and doesnt boot windows vista anymore ... then i try to format hdd (sata) to install windows 7 32 bit !!! since 2 days when installation is starting laptop is freezing i run memtests and is ok i checked the hdd for bad sectors and its ok i update bios from 1.06v to 1.10v but nothing happen i try to live boot linux and again nothing ...........

today i format my sata hdd and try to install windows 7 from my hp 635 and all going well .... when i plug the hdd to emachines doesnt boot windows and freeze before start up logo .........

sry for my bad english !!!! plz help me i dont know what else i can do .............. :cry:

You can't install windows another computer then move the harddrive, and even if you could you didn't address the hardware problem so what's the point? Not sure why you are screwing with the OS anyway, but you did the basic hardware diagnostics.

You can disassemble it and clean it out and redo the paste in case its heat. But to be quite frank, its an emachine. Its motherboard has probably failed like every other emachine ever built. And I wouldn't waste my time even if it was for a client.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
No suprise there then, Put simply you cannot install windows 7 on one system, take the hard drive out and expect it to work in another system.
The reason is because windows detected all of the hardware of the e720 machine and all of the drivers needed to run it on that system.
The Hp 635 is obviously using a different board, with a different chipset, and drivers set.
So windows will just lock up as none of the correct drivers are set up in windows to run the hardware on the main board of the hp 635 system.
Simply it will crash. In any case The problem with the emachines e720 is likely to do with the way the Sata Hd is set up, If you change the option to IDE, or AHCI it will or should install without frezzing the system.

I hope you are using a windows Dvd, and not an OEM supplied install of windows 7 because once again it may only be configured for the laptop or pre built system it came with.

tsioun1989

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

look i think of that and i format the hdd again i am using a bootable usb stick not OEM i have change IDE and AHCI but nothing .....

tsioun1989

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

i have desassemble it for cmos reset ... i wanna ask when battery is soldered how can i discharge it ???? i think hold negative and possitive together but i'm not sure ...

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Yes you do just Short it. I never meant to be rude its just e machine pc`s have so many problems. And I hate to say it but its likely its decided to die on you giving you the problem. I was being serious tsioun1989 about them and there reliabilty, and built on the cheap at inflated prices to buy. That`s what annoys me about them.

If there is a jumper. If not dont unless you want the battery to explode. You can do a reset to default in the bios but cheap laptops dont really have settings to mess up. In really think your looking at a board failure. They were well known for bad caps on desktops, and failures in general

tsioun1989

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

yeah i know that ...... my hp and my desktop is 10000 times better but i wanna find whats wrong even i know i waste my time :pt1cable: