System Finished

G

Thanks to all here on the boards and at sharky boards who helped me and gave me tips on building and their perspective and views, I much appreciate it. This way my first time ever building a computer and today all the parts arrived and I got to it and had it completley assembled in 6 hours. Here it is......

AMD T-bird Axia 1.33ghz
Asus A7M266
512mb crucial pc2100 ddr ram
Geforce2 Ultra 64mb DDR
IBM 75gb HDD
Pioneer 16x/40x slot load dvd-rom
Plextor 16x10x40 cd-rw
Hercules Game Theatre XP sound card
3dcool.com Tornado 3002 case w/ 300W psu
Thermoengine HSF w/ delta

...and anything else I left out. This thing sounds like a jet engine im afraid it might take off! hehe. I was soo nervous bout the hsf attachment but things went over ok and this system is just like a wonder compared to my previous p2 450. One last question...I used the asus probe to check the temps..they look good to me..Im reading a CPU Temp of 32C/89F and a Mobo Temp of 23C/73F. The highest the cpu ever went was 33C so far that ive seen. I havent stressed it however as I just got it up a few hours ago. Anyone know what program I can use to put it at full load so I can monitor the temps? Once again thanks everyone who helped this newbie out!

_RK_

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
any of the distributed clients will do, e.g. Seti@home.

Nice, you managed to get a ThermoEngine. Couldn't find one up here in Canada and it would have cost way too much to ship it in.. had to settle for a Volcano 2.

G

Yea the thermoengine was pretty easy to get for me. I got it from the guys over at 3dcool.com , same place I got my case. Might I mention this case is SWEEET! =D

_RK_

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Ja, I've always rather liked the Tornado Cases...

...but I went and got a server case instead (SuperMicro SC850, I think it's a re-badged Antec).

A lot of my co-workers have been modding their cases to get the kind of airflow the Tornado Cases have. I wonder if they knew... :wink:

Kelledin
<font color=red>"Step away from the gimp suit and put your hands on top of your head."</font color=red>

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
nice system (you rich bastard, hehe j/k). great program for testing your cpu is SiSoft Sandra, its a free download from <A HREF="http://www.sisoft.com" target="_new">http://www.sisoft.com</A>, also what version of Asus probe are you using, cause I have 2.12.07 and it is deadly accurate with all the information, unlike many other versions of the program.

Even a broken watch is right twice a day...

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
If you dont mind may I ask why you didn't get a SB LIVE! soundcard? Or the new Philips one?

-----------------

All your RAMBUS are belong t............ ahh screw it

G

Hehe...The Tornado 3002 is a server case =) big honkin tower.

Also it wasnt terribly expensive either. I paid under $2.5k for all of it.

Reason for the Herc Game Theatre XP over SB Live is..it has an external rack and its got lotsa plugs for everything and ive heard alot of good things about it.

Thanks for the suggestions ill check out seti and sandra tonight.

_RK_

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yes i've heard some things about it too, not positive. the sound quality is supposed to suck, the Crystal chip on that compared to the EMUK chip on the SB LIVE cards.

-----------------

All your RAMBUS are belong t............ ahh screw it