[ANNOUNCE] CastlevaniaRL 1.1, bugfix version released

Hello All!

A new bugfix version of CRL has been released.

Please give it a look and give me your comments!

http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl

Thanks,

--
Slash
5 answers Last reply

    Hello Slash. Writing from Google Groups because the news server I use
    is kind of broken.

    <OffTopic> Is there any free (as in free beer :P) reliable news server
    that allows posting? Thank you.</OffTopic>

    As usual, I will start with my commenting/bug hunting/strange behavior
    seeing/whining mix:

    + Nice that now I have to collect two more keys to cross Stage 2 door.
    I was zooming through the stage before, so mermen and bats were being
    merely a mobile part of the scenery.
    + Is it me or have the monsters' attack power increased?
    + I still see the start screen cropped when playing on a 5:4 resolution
    (1280x1024)
    + Is there any difference between the leather and the chain whip
    besides appearance?
    + When I whip through an item (hearts, upgrades, keys, throwing
    weapons) or through a level-staircase (not a platform-staircase) the
    message "You hit the 'whatever'" appears; when I throw a weapon
    through, the message does not appear at all.
    + Monsters capable of throwing some kind of weapon seem to be able to
    throw them as if they were on an adjacent tile, as in this situation:

    ........ ........ ........ ........
    ....m... ....m... ....m... ....m--<roflmao!>
    ........ > ...*.... > ........ > ........
    ........ > ........ > ...*.... > ........
    ...@.... ...@.... ...@.... ...@--<d'oh!>
    ........ ........ ........ ........

    + I can jump through inner walls, columns, and single tile platforms.
    + I can't jump over monsters (although I think this is an intentional
    behavior).
    + I can't whip a monster when I am at ground level and the monster is
    under a staircase.
    + If I am jumping over a pool section and bump into a wall/platform I
    land safely on my feet on the water (biblical powers rule ;)).
    + If I bump into a column (trying to land on it), I land a tile away
    from the column. If the column is surrounded by water, the effect is
    the same as above.
    + The game hangs when I try to pass Stage 2 door, having to close it.

    --
    Kaleth, writing from a forest under a black night sky
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Sorry, I was forgetting a bug concerning message grouping:

    + When I (for instance) slay 2 monsters at the same time the message
    says: "You hit the monster and destroy it (x2)". When I slay 3
    monsters, it says: "You hit the monster and destroy it ()(x3)". When I
    slay 4 monsters, it says: "you hit the monster and destroy it
    ()()(x4)". And so on... Looks like it removes the previous xN part of
    the message but not the previous parentheses.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Kaleth ha escrito:
    > Hello Slash. Writing from Google Groups because the news server I use
    > is kind of broken.

    Mine is broken since a long time :(

    > <OffTopic> Is there any free (as in free beer :P) reliable news server
    > that allows posting? Thank you.</OffTopic>
    >
    > As usual, I will start with my commenting/bug hunting/strange behavior
    > seeing/whining mix:
    >
    > + Nice that now I have to collect two more keys to cross Stage 2 door.
    > I was zooming through the stage before, so mermen and bats were being
    > merely a mobile part of the scenery.

    ;)
    > + Is it me or have the monsters' attack power increased?
    It is you, you are getting too old for this ;)

    > + I still see the start screen cropped when playing on a 5:4 resolution
    > (1280x1024)

    Very weird, I made the test again and everything worked fine :(

    > + Is there any difference between the leather and the chain whip
    > besides appearance?

    Yes

    > + When I whip through an item (hearts, upgrades, keys, throwing
    > weapons) or through a level-staircase (not a platform-staircase) the
    > message "You hit the 'whatever'" appears; when I throw a weapon
    > through, the message does not appear at all.

    Fixed

    > + Monsters capable of throwing some kind of weapon seem to be able to
    > throw them as if they were on an adjacent tile, as in this situation:
    >
    > ........ ........ ........ ........
    > ....m... ....m... ....m... ....m--<roflmao!>
    > ........ > ...*.... > ........ > ........
    > ........ > ........ > ...*.... > ........
    > ...@.... ...@.... ...@.... ...@--<d'oh!>
    > ........ ........ ........ ........
    Fixed

    > + I can jump through inner walls, columns, and single tile platforms.
    Fixed
    > + I can't jump over monsters (although I think this is an intentional
    > behavior).
    it is intentional
    > + I can't whip a monster when I am at ground level and the monster is
    > under a staircase.
    Fixed
    > + If I am jumping over a pool section and bump into a wall/platform I
    > land safely on my feet on the water (biblical powers rule ;)).
    Fixed :o
    > + If I bump into a column (trying to land on it), I land a tile away
    > from the column. If the column is surrounded by water, the effect is
    > the same as above.
    Fixed
    > + The game hangs when I try to pass Stage 2 door, having to close it.
    Fixed

    > --
    > Kaleth, writing from a forest under a black night sky

    As always, thanks for your suggestions
    --
    Slash
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Kaleth ha escrito:
    > Sorry, I was forgetting a bug concerning message grouping:
    >
    > + When I (for instance) slay 2 monsters at the same time the message
    > says: "You hit the monster and destroy it (x2)". When I slay 3
    > monsters, it says: "You hit the monster and destroy it ()(x3)". When I
    > slay 4 monsters, it says: "you hit the monster and destroy it
    > ()()(x4)". And so on... Looks like it removes the previous xN part of
    > the message but not the previous parentheses.

    Fixed
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    El Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:56:39 -0700, SZDev - Slash escribió:

    > Kaleth ha escrito:
    >> Hello Slash. Writing from Google Groups because the news server I use
    >> is kind of broken.
    > Mine is broken since a long time :(

    I use news.aoie.org (has come to life now again), it's free and allows
    posting. It hangs from time to time and then spits out all of the
    previously posted news. It's not the best server, but it's the best free
    server I know.

    [snip]

    > As always, thanks for your suggestions

    You are welcome. Thanks to you for the game. :)
    --
    Kaleth, writing from a realm deep into the mountains...

Development Games Video Games