How far away from the computer should this be?

jwl2

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
I have a Polk PSW10 sub. It is not magnetically shielded. I understand this can be a problem for computers and screens. I need to know how far away I should keep these items apart.

J

Solution
personally i would be worried about the vibration more than any em interference. i have had smaller subwoofer boxes almost right next to a monitor without any interference at all while just a small refridgerator maginet caused an effect.

preferably one on the left side under the desk and one on the right side under the desk instead of being next to eachother. if you were talking about a pc speaker set and subwoofer it would not much matter but some of the larger subs can output quite alot of vibration and could potentially vibrate out some internal pc components over time or damage disk drives (not that i have ever had that happen, of course).

do i think it is a major issue and you will see problems? no. i just like to take...
personally i would be worried about the vibration more than any em interference. i have had smaller subwoofer boxes almost right next to a monitor without any interference at all while just a small refridgerator maginet caused an effect.

preferably one on the left side under the desk and one on the right side under the desk instead of being next to eachother. if you were talking about a pc speaker set and subwoofer it would not much matter but some of the larger subs can output quite alot of vibration and could potentially vibrate out some internal pc components over time or damage disk drives (not that i have ever had that happen, of course).

do i think it is a major issue and you will see problems? no. i just like to take precautions if i can.

Solution