Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320 Windows 7 32 bit network drivers?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 15, 2013 12:31:09 AM

Hello!
I have a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320. It had Windows 8 on it and I had to go into the Bios to get it to boot to the USB for a Windows 7 install. Anyway all the drivers work except Network. On Toshiba's website I saw 32/64 bit networking drivers and no Windows 7 network drivers at all. I am trying to find the manufacturer of the card to do it that way but no luck yet...help!
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 1:40:42 AM

pctech627 said:
Hello!
I have a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5320. It had Windows 8 on it and I had to go into the Bios to get it to boot to the USB for a Windows 7 install. Anyway all the drivers work except Network. On Toshiba's website I saw 32/64 bit networking drivers and no Windows 7 network drivers at all. I am trying to find the manufacturer of the card to do it that way but no luck yet...help!

Atheros is typically the manufacturer of the network adapters included on Toshiba laptops.

:hello:  NOTE: The only catch here is I would normally recommend using their driver instead of Toshiba's but in this case I'm not. I am mentioning this because there is something that Toshiba writes into the driver package that gives better control of the chip set than the makers own driver does. Not sure if it's an optimization tactic or what but I've noticed this on several different computers as of late.
Score
January 25, 2013 11:06:08 AM

I found it on Lenovo website. Toshiba didnt have it. I checked Atheros. It was a Realtek but even Realtek only had the WiFi drivers listed. I ended up getting Driver Magician as well.
Score
!