[ANNOUNCE] CRL 1.1c released

Hello All!

A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this version has
major changes in gameplay, bugfixes and it can now be played with
console output.

Version 1.1c: 03/08/2005
------------------------
* Added true terminal support using JCurses
* Added merchant (RFE 65)
* Added movement with arrow keys (RFE 51)
* Bible (RFE 68)
* Several items (RFE 77, 78, 81 ~ 93)
* Inventory (RFE 79)
* Use and Throw (RFE 80)
* Added special whip effects (RFE 66, 67, 94)
* Free movement between stages (RFE 64)
* Bugfixes (BR 40, 41, 42, 45)

Please find it at http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl

Thanks,

--
Slash
4 answers Last reply

    SNIP

    > >I can get through the intro screens and walk a few steps, but if I
    > >open the inventory, the game hangs with this message in the console
    > >behind:
    > >

    > The curses version has the same "oversized inventory window" problem,
    > but it doesn't crash, it just extends beyond the bottom of the
    > console window. Ditto for the online help - it's like 6 lines longer
    > than the actual window.

    It is fixed now; it was all because of the transition from the older
    screen format, which was about 70x35

    I just tested the signup link and it is working, what error are you
    getting?

    Thanks for the report ;)

    --
    Slash
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    In article <1123100185.818545.85740@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "SZDev - Slash" <java.koder@gmail.com> wrote:
    >Hello All!
    >
    >A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this version has
    >major changes in gameplay, bugfixes and it can now be played with
    >console output.
    >
    >Version 1.1c: 03/08/2005
    >------------------------
    >* Added true terminal support using JCurses
    >* Added merchant (RFE 65)
    >* Added movement with arrow keys (RFE 51)
    >* Bible (RFE 68)
    >* Several items (RFE 77, 78, 81 ~ 93)
    >* Inventory (RFE 79)
    >* Use and Throw (RFE 80)
    >* Added special whip effects (RFE 66, 67, 94)
    >* Free movement between stages (RFE 64)
    >* Bugfixes (BR 40, 41, 42, 45)
    >
    >Please find it at http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl

    I can get through the intro screens and walk a few steps, but if I
    open the inventory, the game hangs with this message in the console
    behind:

    C:\games\castlevaniarl>java -jar crl11c.jar Swing
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
    25
    at crl.swing.b.a(Unknown Source)
    at crl.ui.d.byte(Unknown Source)
    at crl.ui.d.a(Unknown Source)
    at crl.l.int(Unknown Source)
    at crl.p.int(Unknown Source)
    at crl.Game.char(Unknown Source)
    at crl.Game.a(Unknown Source)
    at crl.Game.main(Unknown Source)

    Your "signup" link on your website is broken so I couldn't create an
    account to add this to your bugtracker.

    I'm using:
    java version "1.5.0"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-b64)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-b64, mixed mode)
    under Windows XP Pro

    Alan
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    In article <XVbIe.45247$B52.23032@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>, amonroejj@yahoo.com (R. Alan Monroe) wrote:
    >In article <1123100185.818545.85740@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "SZDev -
    > Slash" <java.koder@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>Hello All!
    >>
    >>A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this version has
    >>major changes in gameplay, bugfixes and it can now be played with
    >>console output.
    >>
    >>Version 1.1c: 03/08/2005
    >>------------------------
    >>* Added true terminal support using JCurses
    >>* Added merchant (RFE 65)
    >>* Added movement with arrow keys (RFE 51)
    >>* Bible (RFE 68)
    >>* Several items (RFE 77, 78, 81 ~ 93)
    >>* Inventory (RFE 79)
    >>* Use and Throw (RFE 80)
    >>* Added special whip effects (RFE 66, 67, 94)
    >>* Free movement between stages (RFE 64)
    >>* Bugfixes (BR 40, 41, 42, 45)
    >>
    >>Please find it at http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl
    >
    >I can get through the intro screens and walk a few steps, but if I
    >open the inventory, the game hangs with this message in the console
    >behind:

    The curses version has the same "oversized inventory window" problem,
    but it doesn't crash, it just extends beyond the bottom of the
    console window. Ditto for the online help - it's like 6 lines longer
    than the actual window.

    Alan
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    In article <1123110803.985509.169810@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "SZDev - Slash" <java.koder@gmail.com> wrote:
    >SNIP
    >> >
    >> >I can get through the intro screens and walk a few steps, but if I
    >> >open the inventory, the game hangs with this message in the console
    >> >behind:
    >> >

    >> The curses version has the same "oversized inventory window" problem,
    >> but it doesn't crash, it just extends beyond the bottom of the
    >> console window. Ditto for the online help - it's like 6 lines longer
    >> than the actual window.
    >
    >It is fixed now; it was all because of the transition from the older
    >screen format, which was about 70x35

    Hmm, did you replace the zip file on the website yet? Maybe I'm just
    too fast.

    >I just tested the signup link and it is working, what error are you
    >getting?

    Last night, 404. It's working this morning.

    >Thanks for the report ;)

    No problem.

    Alan

Development Video Games