  • Development
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 3, 2005 5:16:25 PM

Hello All!

A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this version has
major changes in gameplay, bugfixes and it can now be played with
console output.

Version 1.1c: 03/08/2005
------------------------
* Added true terminal support using JCurses
* Added merchant (RFE 65)
* Added movement with arrow keys (RFE 51)
* Bible (RFE 68)
* Several items (RFE 77, 78, 81 ~ 93)
* Inventory (RFE 79)
* Use and Throw (RFE 80)
* Added special whip effects (RFE 66, 67, 94)
* Free movement between stages (RFE 64)
* Bugfixes (BR 40, 41, 42, 45)

Please find it at http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl

Thanks,

--
Slash

More about : announce crl released

Anonymous
August 3, 2005 8:13:24 PM

SNIP

> >I can get through the intro screens and walk a few steps, but if I
> >open the inventory, the game hangs with this message in the console
> >behind:
> >

> The curses version has the same "oversized inventory window" problem,
> but it doesn't crash, it just extends beyond the bottom of the
> console window. Ditto for the online help - it's like 6 lines longer
> than the actual window.

It is fixed now; it was all because of the transition from the older
screen format, which was about 70x35

I just tested the signup link and it is working, what error are you
getting?

Thanks for the report ;)

--
Slash
Anonymous

In article <1123100185.818545.85740@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "SZDev - Slash" <java.koder@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello All!
>
>A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this version has
>major changes in gameplay, bugfixes and it can now be played with
>console output.
>
>Version 1.1c: 03/08/2005
>------------------------
>* Added true terminal support using JCurses
>* Added merchant (RFE 65)
>* Added movement with arrow keys (RFE 51)
>* Bible (RFE 68)
>* Several items (RFE 77, 78, 81 ~ 93)
>* Inventory (RFE 79)
>* Use and Throw (RFE 80)
>* Added special whip effects (RFE 66, 67, 94)
>* Free movement between stages (RFE 64)
>* Bugfixes (BR 40, 41, 42, 45)
>
>Please find it at http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl

I can get through the intro screens and walk a few steps, but if I
open the inventory, the game hangs with this message in the console
behind:

C:\games\castlevaniarl>java -jar crl11c.jar Swing
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
25
at crl.swing.b.a(Unknown Source)
at crl.ui.d.byte(Unknown Source)
at crl.ui.d.a(Unknown Source)
at crl.l.int(Unknown Source)
at crl.p.int(Unknown Source)
at crl.Game.char(Unknown Source)
at crl.Game.a(Unknown Source)
at crl.Game.main(Unknown Source)

Your "signup" link on your website is broken so I couldn't create an
account to add this to your bugtracker.

I'm using:
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0-b64)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0-b64, mixed mode)
under Windows XP Pro

Alan
August 4, 2005 3:02:11 AM

In article <XVbIe.45247$B52.23032@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>, amonroejj@yahoo.com (R. Alan Monroe) wrote:
>In article <1123100185.818545.85740@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "SZDev -
> Slash" <java.koder@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Hello All!
>>
>>A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this version has
>>major changes in gameplay, bugfixes and it can now be played with
>>console output.
>>
>>Version 1.1c: 03/08/2005
>>------------------------
>>* Added true terminal support using JCurses
>>* Added merchant (RFE 65)
>>* Added movement with arrow keys (RFE 51)
>>* Bible (RFE 68)
>>* Several items (RFE 77, 78, 81 ~ 93)
>>* Inventory (RFE 79)
>>* Use and Throw (RFE 80)
>>* Added special whip effects (RFE 66, 67, 94)
>>* Free movement between stages (RFE 64)
>>* Bugfixes (BR 40, 41, 42, 45)
>>
>>Please find it at http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl
>
>I can get through the intro screens and walk a few steps, but if I
>open the inventory, the game hangs with this message in the console
>behind:

The curses version has the same "oversized inventory window" problem,
but it doesn't crash, it just extends beyond the bottom of the
console window. Ditto for the online help - it's like 6 lines longer
than the actual window.

Alan
Anonymous
August 4, 2005 3:20:43 PM

In article <1123110803.985509.169810@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "SZDev - Slash" <java.koder@gmail.com> wrote:
>SNIP
>> >
>> >I can get through the intro screens and walk a few steps, but if I
>> >open the inventory, the game hangs with this message in the console
>> >behind:
>> >

>> The curses version has the same "oversized inventory window" problem,
>> but it doesn't crash, it just extends beyond the bottom of the
>> console window. Ditto for the online help - it's like 6 lines longer
>> than the actual window.
>
>It is fixed now; it was all because of the transition from the older
>screen format, which was about 70x35

Hmm, did you replace the zip file on the website yet? Maybe I'm just
too fast.

>I just tested the signup link and it is working, what error are you
>getting?

Last night, 404. It's working this morning.

>Thanks for the report ;)

No problem.

Alan
!