Damaged Contrast Enhancer/Dynamic Contrast

MattH

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
So I have a new Eizo monitor FS 2333, and it has a contrast enhancer function that I think might be equivalent to Dynamic Contrast, although I think Dynamic Contrast doesn't enhance standard contrast, whereas this actually seems to do so. Anyway, since this contrast enhancer makes a visible difference I like to have it switched on, but there is a little problem.

It seems to function normally until I watch a Flash-Video in fullscreen mode (window mode normally works) and sometimes while playing a game, the image suddenly looks awful, pale, colours are washed out and there seems to be contrast left. It's similar to the sickly image when turning contrast setting on a monitor way too high, only this seems to darken as well in the process and contrast is basically gone.

But this is only for a while, because it either disappears after about two mintues, or it disappears when I switch off the Contrast Enhancer and turn it back on again. It seems to react only to these changes to full-screen mode or a video playing or certain conditions in a game (I think mostly when it's dark). It doesn't react to every player the same, because stream videos instead of random flash videos don't cause this problem. I think that's maybe because there is no interval of blackness when it switches from window to fullscreen.

It always disappears again, but it's annoying enough. Since there are no such changes on any other screen, and only in this special mode, the problem doesn't seem to be on the software or PC-side, but the monitor. Could there besomething broken inside?

MattH

Distinguished
BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Yes, I think so. But I'm currently not in the mood for the hassle and waiting after finally getting a monitor I'm somewhat satisfied with (very good ratings don't actually make a brilliant device - at least in LCDs), so I'll choose an appropriate time to send it in with my 5 year warranty.