The real reason for the thread is that I'm not really sure what the minimum/recommended specs are for WoW. I figure a dedicated card is gonna beat integrated but I'm on a 4890 in my desktop so I've never really had to check out how the newer stuff performs and in laptops for that matter. Thanks guys and gals in advance!
1. What is your budget?
0-600ish (I'm up for the cheapest anyone can recommend/find that suits my needs.)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Both. Being that I want to continue to play WoW at medium+ settings with the functionality of editing music I've recorded and writing papers etc.
5. How much battery life do you need?
2+ hours. The more the better.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
WoW @ Low/Medium+ settings no shadows etc
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Music editing, SD movies, Use of office/excel
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
160+ is still too much but the more the better
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Anything in the united states. Newegg, Bestbuy, walmart even.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2+ years, as I don't suspect my gaming requirement is going to go up anytime beyond wow.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None, but a dvd wouldn't be bad
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference. Looking for reliability & reasonable prices. I'm up for dells, gateways, asus, acer, lenovo. Anything really.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Thanks in advance guys!
But I feel it's overkill. I don't need shadows, lightshafts, high water detail or anything. I'm looking for just medium textures at a 1400x900 Resolution or lower. Trying to save money because the game isn't that demanding with nearly everything off. I just don't know about laptops =\