Interesting Picture..

G

I did notice that it claimed the 2 AMD processors where 1.99Ghz.

Electricity is the <font color=red>Devil's</font color=red> candle.

G

He-He !!!
Sweet !!!
Nice pic !
Now Intel guys has a problem ! :)))

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>Now Intel guys has a problem ! :=)))

take a look at these boards on the same site, 2 for Intel platform(<b>P4</b>/P3) and 2 for AMD platform.

ppl who prefer Intel need not worry.

<b>"Thunder i860"</b> (S2603). This Dual-Socket603 mainboard will be based on Intel 860 (Colusa) chipset and will
support Intel Pentium 4/Foster CPUs. It will be equipped with 8 RIMM slots, 1 AGP 4x and will support ATA-100,
dual-channel Ultra160 SCSI and 64bit PCI. The engineering samples of the board are already available and the
mass production will start this quarter.

<b>"Thunder K7"</b> (S2462). This dual-Socket A mainboard for AMD Athlon CPUs will be based on AMD-760MP
chipset. It will support PC2100/PC1600 DDR SDRAM and feature an AGP Pro slot. The board will also support
ATA-100, Ultra160 SCSI and will have 64bit/33MHz PCI slots and 2 LAN controllers onboard. TYAN has already
showcased this mainboard at all large shows this year. Its mass manufacturing should start this quarter.

<b>"Thunder K7X"</b> (S2466)This is one more dual-Athlon mainboard. However, it is based on AMD-760MPX
chipset. Like the previous model it also supports PC2100/PC1600 DDR SDRAM, ATA-100, Ultra160 SCSI and
has an AGP Pro slot, 64bit/66MHz PCI slots and 2 LAN controllers onboard. The board will start sampling in May
and the mass pieces will appear in July-August.

<b>"Tiger 230T"</b> (S2507T)This mainboard is designed for dual-Socket370 and is based on VIA Apollo Pro133T
chipset, i.e. it will support Intel Pentium III Tualatin CPUs. There are 4 DIMM slots for PC133/PC100 SDRAM, 1
AGP 4x slot. The mainboard also supports ATA-100. The product samples will appear in May and the mass
production should start in June-July.

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AmdMeltdown on 04/17/01 07:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
But still, one of the main points in an Intel lovers arsenal is the fact that there was <b>no</b> dual support for Athlons. Looks like thats one more excuse out the bag.

- Tempus fugit donec vestrum relictus tripudium. Autem amor praeterea magis pretium.

G

take a close look at the image. the text for dual amd system scores is at least one pixel too low (the y touches the bottom, while it doesn't on any of the others) and offset to the right.

i had a drink the other day... opinions were like kittens i was givin' away

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
I think you may be on to something here.. however, it seems like the Dhrystone seems to be one pixel too short (compared with the Whetstone bar directly underneath it), which would explain the 'y' touching the bottom.

Ok, I've blown up this image in photoshop and measured the heights of the bars.

The bottom 6 bars all measure in at 0.194 inches (@ 200%)while the Dhrystone bar for AMD measures at 0.181 inches and the Whetstone bar at 0.195 inches.

Oh well, I didn't think anyone actually this pic was for real anyway :)
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kurokaze on 04/17/01 08:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
You're right. That's a doctored image. One wonders why AMD fans must resort to fraud to attempt to take the lead.

-Raystonn

-- The center of your digital world --

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
>One wonders why AMD fans must resort to fraud to attempt >to take the lead.

See now that wasn't really necessary.. you already have Grizely1 and myself admitting that it looks like a doctored image, no need to rub it in. I'm and AMD fan, and I don't support fraud.

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
"See now that wasn't really necessary"

Which part wasn't necessary? The part where I pointed out an AMD fan was resorting to fraud or the part where I wonder why? I'd say the former was a valid point. I'd say the latter was just me asking an open question. I don't see the problem. I wasn't accusing anyone else of fraud.

-Raystonn

-- The center of your digital world --

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ya, looks fake to me as well upon further inspection. I looked at several other screenshots of Dhrystone and Whetstone from places that have no reason to lie, and they all have similarly sized bars. The guy who made that is obviously an amateur at image doctoring, as I could do a better job at it than he did. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait another month or two until the boards are actually released...

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

dhlucke

Polypheme
I Don't need photoshop to see that it is a fake. The text offset to the naked eye is enough....

<font color=red>Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.</font color=red>
Pablo Picasso

TRENDING THREADS