Hi there, Im planning to Buy a Nice Gaming Laptop around the price range i can afford, since im bored to hell at my work and i do have alot of free time -.-
1. What is your budget?
-Somwhere under $1,000 USD (I Am From The Philippines)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-Atleast maybe 15"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
-1280x800 or higher
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-Most likely a Desktop Replacement
5. How much battery life do you need?
-This will probably be Plugged in a Power Outlet 80% of the time, so i dont think it matters.. but anything that can last 3h would be nice (if none its ok)
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-I Play Flyff Online, Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, NBA 2K11 (But i play Flyff Online for like 70% of the time)
-I can Live with Medium Settings as long as i get Nice FPS playing this games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
-Watching Movies/TV Series, Downloading Stuff, Typing, a Little Bit of Video Editing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-Id Definitely would want atleast 500GB Space as i burn up Storage fast,
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-i have no idea -.-
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-I would want to keep it for at least 3 Years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
-Just a DVD-RW would do, dont really need Blueray
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-TBH i have no idea aside from this 2 since, this will be my first time buying a Laptop (Been using a Desktop since like .. forever)
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
-Regarding Playing Flyff, i would mostlikely want to be able to Dual Box this (2 Windows Open at the Same Time) cuz i always play that way.. if you guys check the specs for this game.. you could prolly see that it doesnt need that much.. but i think Ram would play a big part on this (i multitask like hell) and if possible get like 6~8gb of DDR3 Rams
-Im worried about Heating on this machines, since on Weekdays.. ill probably play 4~8h and on Weekends probably 12h+..
-with that said id need some suggestions on Cooling this thing to make it possible to use it that long, cuz i have absolutely no idea what Cooling systems would i need for this.
I would recommend getting a Sager NP5160. Sager is well known for its excellent build quality and they almost always have great prices.
This particular model can be upgraded to have up to 8GB RAM, a Blu-Ray drive and a Full-HD screen, though they must be selected from the list. The computer starts at $765USD and with your upgrades it will come to around $1000USD (your specified budget).
The laptop has a projected battery life of 3-5 hours on battery and that is in no small part due to its switchable graphics capabilities. The graphics card on this computer should be able to run the games you listed on medium-high settings. You can compare the graphics card to other laptop graphics cards here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-G...
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Read discussions in other Laptop Tech Support categories