AMD PRICE GOUGING, NO WAY!!!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b><A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/17040110.htm" target="_new">Asian market pays much more for AMD CPUs</A></b>

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
Thats the way the world works. It happens with every product. Don't act so sheltered, there are millions of black markets (Russia's is the best) where you can probably get stolen Athlons for $10 each.

- Tempus fugit donec vestrum relictus tripudium. Autem amor praeterea magis pretium.

G

Rapeage ow man monkey men are walking funny now. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=blue>Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man </font color=blue> :smile:

priit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So what, all the world pays at least 2 times more for Intel CPU's than they are really worth :)

P.S. no flame war wanted

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Too late now, guy. You don't shoot at someone and then walk away saying "Time out, time out, I was just joking around..." Especially with a comment like that. Quite false.

-Raystonn

-- The center of your digital world --

G

I agree, people don't pay more than twice as much as they are worth, but, they do pay more than what they are worth. I saved more than $220 over the span of my last two Athlon computers(motherboard included, RDRAM not included). Since they were bought at a grand total of about $260, that is aproximately a 1.85x savings, not quite the 2x that it isn't.

There is no problem that an Optimator can't solve!

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
That's right, they pay far more then that. Although, Intel needs a profit margin, so it doesn't really count.

From now on when someone asks you how fast your computer is, tell them your benchmark scores.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Well three weeks back 1.33 Athlons are selling at ~ JPY40000 (OEM) in Tokyo (where you could find them). That's approx. $324 for those of you on Intel that are still loading calc... ;o)

Of course Japan is a different market, but I do buy most of my stuff from the US. I bought a Japanese wireless LAN setup from the US for 2/3 the cost here, even factoring shipping!

Oh and for all those that were wondering - a P4 1.5 goes for $725!!!! This would suggest that INTEL are not adverse to inflating their Japanese (cannot comment for rest of Asia) prices out of proportion to the US.

Let's face it, it's commerce.

Later,

Pete.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>guess you could look at it the other way, then... AMD charges you Half what their Athlons are worth</b>
Now I have never thought of that!

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
still not bad when Intel is charging three or four times compared to two.

From now on when someone asks you how fast your computer is, tell them your benchmark scores.

G

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Who cares if AMD is goughing in Asia, Intel is gouging in the USA! Intel has had and still has a way better margin of profit on each CPU than anyone else.

Aklein

Life is hard...Live with it.