Sign in with
Your question

Slow post boot speeds

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 15, 2013 11:16:01 AM

Hi, first post on Tom's Harware so I hope someone can help me out.

Only recently has this problem arisen. Basically, my boot time is normal for SSD (approximately 20 - 25 seconds) however, lately after booting and my home screen is displayed I am able to access files and folders no problem, but connection to the internet requires a further minute to two minutes to establish. Also during this time certain programs will not open e.g. CPU-Z, Coretemp.
I have a single gadget installed on my desktop (temperature for my local area) which also does not show until connection is established.

I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I am connected to the internet via Netgear-N dual Band wireless adapter (Ethernet cable is not practical for my location in the house)
Also, when i try to update the drivers for the wireless adapter it says "you are not connected to the internet for software update. Please check your internet connection and try again later" But i Clearly have access to the internet. Not sure if this is affecting the lag in responsiveness after start up. Any information would be much appreciated, thanks :) 

More about : slow post boot speeds

February 22, 2013 3:18:07 PM

Hi there,
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

I am having exactly the same issue..... :-(

Thanks for any help
m
l
February 25, 2013 3:24:54 PM

Hey Icekreme,

I ended up doing a clean install of Windows which fixed everything up again. I'm still not positive as to what the origin of the error was as it was completely random. Sorry I can't provide any more information, best of luck!
m
l
!