Honestly
no dissing or nothing here

im serious

Whats up with the Pentium 3
is it still being produced?

Or is intel fading it away now?

Just curious.

=)

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Pentium III at .13 micron will be introduced this summer at 1.13 gHz. Pentium III will be phased out of production in early 2002, replaced with the Pentium 4 Northwood as Intel's flagship processor (flagchip then? hehe). I'm guessing there is still a too-be-announced chip (or I just haven't heard of it yet, anyone know for sure) that Intel will use as their bargain chip, as the Pentium III, even at .13 micron, cannot scale too high, probably only hitting 1.4 gHz, maybe not even that. Once .13 micron Pentium IIIs are produced (Tualatin), they will probably continue to make .18 micron Coppermine Pentium IIIs as well for a short while to satsify demand.

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Can the .13 Coppermines be used on current socket 370 chipsets?

<i>If you take a truth and follow it blindly, it will become a Falsehood and you a Fanatic.</i>

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Nope, a whole new socket and chipset is being used because of new signalling in the bus protocol. The i815 EP stepping B and VIA's 694T are the two chipsets for the Tualatin. Yeah it is pretty unfortunate that existing PIII owners cant take advantage of the higher speeds and better performance the Tualatin will bring...

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

TRENDING THREADS