Sign in with
Your question

Switching Hard Drives USES....

Last response: in Windows 7
January 15, 2013 12:33:33 PM

Does anyone ACTUALLY know how to switch C/: after downloading windows7 OS to their BIG drive E/ for all OTHER downloads????

Nobody seems to know EXACTLY how to do this or they are completely wrong and messes up one's computer! Has anyone EVERY successfully switched from using their SSD for downloading Windows 7 OS then USE THEIR BIG DRIVE for all other downloads/installations?????

Lets see who knows what they are talking about!

Anybody?

More about : switching hard drives

January 15, 2013 12:48:05 PM

Hey Alvine,

Everyone has said that same routine but it never works. Can you prove it works and that my SSD will boot Windows 7 OS only and everything else goes to my BIG DRIVE?

IF NOT, your like everyone else who doesnt know and is WRONG. NEED A FIX ASAP!
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 1:00:17 PM

well it should work..if it doesnt work you're doing something wrong
this guide is to change your default installation path to another drive as you want...if you do not wish to edit your registry you can manually pick the installation destination every time you install some software

i'm like everyone who doesnt know and is wrong? sir im in computer hardware class..im trying to help but if you're to arrogant to take people's advice and you get the same answer from multiple people it means we're right and its the end user's fault
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 1:02:54 PM

I wanted to help you till you started acting like a jerk.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 1:03:04 PM

Revolutionary technique called "Pay attention when things install". Often the install wizard will ask where you want it to install, so change it when it does. If it doesn't and just installs, then move the folder afterwards.

If you want to change where things download, change the settings in your Internet browser and and Torrent clients.
m
l
January 15, 2013 6:41:25 PM

Hey ManofChalk,

How can that happen when you use an internet browswer and it AUTOMATICALLY downloads to your C/: Drive?!?!??? Very obvservant of you! NOT A GAME or ANYTHING ELSE! Im talking about direct download to your C/:D rive!

Why dont you figure out how to change that destined location to an opposite drive, hence the BIG drive??? Then Ill give you a-round-of-a-plause! IF you can figure this out!

And Chugot, how is asking for help acting like a jerk when everyone continues to give what they all think is the right advice/correct answer, is wrong? Over 100's times! If you have a sec, look it up on google how no one can solve switching from a SSD boot drive to then using the BIG drive?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 6:46:35 PM

Well, I know the answer, I'll nevver tellllll.
m
l
January 15, 2013 6:51:44 PM

yea uh huh. You must be the only smart person out there who configured this problem out hahahaha.....
m
l
January 15, 2013 6:55:22 PM

chugot9218 said:
Well, I know the answer, I'll nevver tellllll.

Ha
m
l
January 15, 2013 6:58:24 PM

Why cant you just share the info. This site is all about helping out with computer related activities. Remember, sharing is CARING!

- karma -
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:00:39 PM

Yes, but lots of us helpers also believe it's all about not being a dick when asking for help, so karma yourself.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:03:05 PM

Like pretty much every program you install there is a setting in the setup to tell it where to place files you download by default and in most cases the default will be your C: drive UNLESS you change it -- Simply change the path in the highlighted box to where you want them placed and every download will be placed there !!

For example in Firefox this option is used to change it if you want :
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:04:38 PM

mesis8287 said:
Hey ManofChalk,

How can that happen when you use an internet browswer and it AUTOMATICALLY downloads to your C/: Drive?!?!??? Very obvservant of you! NOT A GAME or ANYTHING ELSE! Im talking about direct download to your C/:D rive!

Why dont you figure out how to change that destined location to an opposite drive, hence the BIG drive??? Then Ill give you a-round-of-a-plause! IF you can figure this out!

And Chugot, how is asking for help acting like a jerk when everyone continues to give what they all think is the right advice/correct answer, is wrong? Over 100's times! If you have a sec, look it up on google how no one can solve switching from a SSD boot drive to then using the BIG drive?

If you know enough to be able to tell everyone that they are wrong, then you know enough to do it yourself. I, like Chugot9218, know how to do exactly what you asked about. However, your arrogant attitude and demanding nature have given me reason not to divulge the details. If you were to enter one of my shops with that attitude you'd find your butt out on the curb before you could finish your first sentence. Insulting and blowing off the experts around here is a surefire way to get yourself ignored by everyone capable of helping.
m
l
January 15, 2013 7:06:32 PM

Thanks JDFfan
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:09:14 PM

LoL you are way too immature to warrant any more of my time, this was hard enough to post.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:12:52 PM

mesis8287 said:
Thanks JDFfan

For Explorer it is This option :

m
l
January 15, 2013 7:37:00 PM

Mesis,

Thank you for your post - or rather - the answers to your post. They made me laugh out loud.

Two oberservations:

1. I'm sure everyone else is just wrong - clearly you're that good
2. Simple answer I'm sure you're gonna hate - but it works for me. Put O/S on a bigger HDD / SDD and don't sweat it.

Lemme guess - now I'm the 101st wrong :) 

Just keep smiling buddy! We won't tell the world it's just a facade. Remember what Earl always said, "I'm just trying to be a better person."

Good Luck !!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:37:33 PM

mesis8287 said:
Does anyone ACTUALLY know how to switch C/: after downloading windows7 OS to their BIG drive E/ for all OTHER downloads????

Nobody seems to know EXACTLY how to do this or they are completely wrong and messes up one's computer! Has anyone EVERY successfully switched from using their SSD for downloading Windows 7 OS then USE THEIR BIG DRIVE for all other downloads/installations?????

Lets see who knows what they are talking about!

Anybody?

You know, it's rather amusing that you came to US for help with something that you apparently already know the answer to or don't believe anything we are telling you. If I was someone different, and I almost was in your case, I would be tempted to report you as a flamer and have you removed, but then again I'm not about all that drama associated with it.

Next time you want help with something here keep an open mind and don't be so friggin' brash with everyone that tries to lend a hand. If you are uncomfortable with all that, there's always Google. Try being rude to Google and see what you get.

I also wonder if you were doing this just to see what kind of response you would get.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:42:20 PM

I find on these forums, even if something does not necessarily seem pertinent to a situation, it creates dialog that often does lead to an actual solution, and thus, nothing provided short of flaming is truly useless. There are plenty of forums out there that tolerate trolls, this however, is not one.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:43:43 PM

I concur and however said OP responds will determine if I feel the need to see about having said troll removed.

Wait for it....
wait for it....
m
l
January 15, 2013 7:53:04 PM

impatiently standing by ....

nothing ? :( 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 7:54:38 PM

Apparently he figured it out for himself.....

Signing off for a bit...be back later
m
l
!