Sign in with
Your question

Laptop Help Needed

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 5, 2011 7:24:46 PM

I'm actually getting ready to purchase a laptop here in the next couple of weeks( I like the mobility) and any further advice/guidance you guys have would be immensely appreciated. Originally I was looking at Samsung, Dell, Sony and Toshiba as my next purchase (my last one was a Toshiba) I use my comp mostly for downloading music, uploading/editing pix and surfing the web. Do you have any input on what would be ideal specs for that kind of use? I've noticed that 4GB/500GB specs have been catching my eye. I'm not at all tech savvy so if I sound like an imbecile forgive my ignorance ;-)

More about : laptop needed

a c 572 D Laptop
February 5, 2011 7:37:19 PM

Hello Starbohydrate;

You're in the right place to get your questions answered.
What you want to do is pretty much standard fare for any computer so you have a wide range of choices only limited by your budget. How much did you plan to spend?
m
l
Related resources
February 5, 2011 10:15:02 PM

I was hoping to keep it under $700 but ideally under $600. I'm not a huge fan of HP's and was mostly interested in Samsung, Sony,Toshiba and maybe Dell.
m
l
a c 572 D Laptop
February 5, 2011 10:38:49 PM

Here is a Dell Inspiron i14R @ $530
Core i3-380M 2.53GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD 1366x768 LCD w/ Intel HD Graphics.
m
l
February 5, 2011 10:48:23 PM

If you are ready to spend a few more bucks you can get a laptop with an SSD, which is essentially persistent memory that acts as a hard drive, which will tremendously speed up anything you do on your computer - booting will be very fast, system extremely responsive, etc ... if you can afford a nice medium-sized SSD included in your laptop it will probably give you the best bang for your buck given your needs. But again it's not needed and such a laptop would probably cost around $1000. Just a suggestion...
m
l
!