Are my usb 3.0 ports damaged?

zwaezi

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Hi.
I own a Dell Inspiron n5110 win 7 laptop. About 1 month ago suddenly my usb3.0 ports stopped working.
I tried everything including updating the drivers, reinstalling the chipset driver but nothing worked.
Finally I reinstalled my windows and did the same things but that did notwork too.
I am now completely hopeless and dont know what to do. I just want to know how could I be sure that this problem is
a hardware damage or just a software-related?
I should add that usb 2.0 port and eSATA port are working fine and also when I stick my external hardware to USB 3.0 ports its drive starts working and the its light is turned on even though I don't see anything on windows.
Thanks for your help.

Regards.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
The best way to check if it`s the hardware is to look in device manager of windows.
Any hardware that has failed, or has a driver related problem should be flagged up with a yellow exclamation mark next to it.
It will say hardware failed to start or no driver loaded for this device if you check its properties.
The likely cause may be a corrupted driver at some point but doing the steps above will deter min if it is hardware or driver related.

zwaezi

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

Thanks.I already checked that. It says that this device can not start(code 10)