[ANNOUNCE] CRL 1.1d released

Hello all!

A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this one has been yet
another big leap compared to 1.1c, please have a look and tell me your
suggestions!

Version 1.1d: 06/09/2005
------------------------
* Classes: Vampire Killer, Vampire Renegade, Vampire Vanqisher,
Summoner, Man Beast, Knight
* Petra town with NPCs and Cleric
* 21 special player skills
* Equipable weapons and armor
* 37 new items (usable and wearable)
* Hidden mystic weapons
* Weapon skills learnt by repeating use
* Character background on creation
* Freezing
* Character status window
* Autowhip and Autoattack on bump
* AutoID on sight
* UI rearrangement
* Several bugfixes

Downloads at: http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl/download.php

System Requirements:
* Java JRE 1.2

Thanks!

--
Slash [http://peltkore.net/~szdev]
L:Java E+++ T++ R+ !P D+ !G F:ADoM ?RL RLA++

    copx wrote:
    > "SZDev - Slash" <java.koder@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Hello all!
    > >
    > > A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this one has been yet
    > > another big leap compared to 1.1c, please have a look and tell me your
    > > suggestions!
    > [snip]

    SNIP

    > And where the hell is Dracula's castle? I walked around the town but
    > couldn't find a way out...

    To the east of town

    > The game looks interesting and well-crafted, though.

    Thanks :)

    > "crl.bat" doesn't work on my system (WinXP SP2 + JRE 1.5) BTW
    > Here's the error message:
    >
    > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    > at jcurses.system.CharColor.initChtype(CharColor.java:190)
    > at jcurses.system.CharColor.<init>(CharColor.java:65)
    > at jcurses.system.CharColor.<init>(CharColor.java:77)
    > at jcurses.system.CharColor.<init>(CharColor.java:88)
    > at crl.j.a.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    > at crl.game.Game.a(Unknown Source)
    > at crl.game.Game.main(Unknown Source)
    > at jcurses.system.Toolkit.getLibraryPath(Toolkit.java:111)
    > at jcurses.system.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:37)
    > ... 7 more

    Game placed on a directory with spaces on its filepath

    --
    Slash
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    SZDev - Slash wrote:
    > Hello all!
    >
    > A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this one has been yet
    > another big leap compared to 1.1c, please have a look and tell me your
    > suggestions!

    First thoughts

    -I Like the character histories
    -Town looks nice, especialy the raised walkways
    -Interesting approach to FOV (not sure if I like it yet)
    -If you want to display the players name and class, it would look
    better at the top of the screen rather than under the messages
    -Consider deleting old messages (or turn them dark grey)
    -Castle looks very nice
    -Space bar should always cancel
    -auto-ID is a great idea
    -Perhaps if you see two of the same creature, only display it once on
    the auto-ID
    -Seems like you could use more of the screen
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Seco One wrote:
    > SZDev - Slash wrote:
    > > Hello all!
    > >
    > > A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this one has been yet
    > > another big leap compared to 1.1c, please have a look and tell me your
    > > suggestions!
    >
    > First thoughts
    >
    > -I Like the character histories
    > -Town looks nice, especialy the raised walkways
    > -Castle looks very nice
    > -auto-ID is a great idea

    :)

    > -Interesting approach to FOV (not sure if I like it yet)

    What things don't you like about it? .

    > -If you want to display the players name and class, it would look
    > better at the top of the screen rather than under the messages

    Well, adom uses it on the lower part of the screen AFAIR, and I am also
    putting player status modifiers in the same line.

    > -Consider deleting old messages (or turn them dark grey)

    I will

    > -Space bar should always cancel

    Ok

    > -Perhaps if you see two of the same creature, only display it once on
    > the auto-ID

    The idea is that the autoID will also show the status of the monster in
    the future, which is an individual attribute

    > -Seems like you could use more of the screen

    Well, the autoID can take all the screen sides when you are on a big
    fight

    Thanks for your suggestions and I hope you liked the game,

    --
    Slash
    http://peltkore.net/~szdev

Development Video Games