[ANNOUNCE] CRL 1.1d released

Hello all!

A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this one has been yet
another big leap compared to 1.1c, please have a look and tell me your
suggestions!

Version 1.1d: 06/09/2005
------------------------
* Classes: Vampire Killer, Vampire Renegade, Vampire Vanqisher,
Summoner, Man Beast, Knight
* Petra town with NPCs and Cleric
* 21 special player skills
* Equipable weapons and armor
* 37 new items (usable and wearable)
* Hidden mystic weapons
* Weapon skills learnt by repeating use
* Character background on creation
* Freezing
* Character status window
* Autowhip and Autoattack on bump
* AutoID on sight
* UI rearrangement
* Several bugfixes

Downloads at: http://peltkore.net/~szdev/crl/download.php

System Requirements:
* Java JRE 1.2

Thanks!

--
Slash [http://peltkore.net/~szdev]
L:Java E+++ T++ R+ !P D+ !G F:ADoM ?RL RLA++

copx wrote:
> "SZDev - Slash" <java.koder@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hello all!
> >
> > A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this one has been yet
> > another big leap compared to 1.1c, please have a look and tell me your
> > suggestions!
> [snip]

SNIP

> And where the hell is Dracula's castle? I walked around the town but
> couldn't find a way out...

To the east of town

> The game looks interesting and well-crafted, though.

Thanks :)

> "crl.bat" doesn't work on my system (WinXP SP2 + JRE 1.5) BTW
> Here's the error message:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> at jcurses.system.CharColor.initChtype(CharColor.java:190)
> at jcurses.system.CharColor.<init>(CharColor.java:65)
> at jcurses.system.CharColor.<init>(CharColor.java:77)
> at jcurses.system.CharColor.<init>(CharColor.java:88)
> at crl.j.a.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
> at crl.game.Game.a(Unknown Source)
> at crl.game.Game.main(Unknown Source)
> at jcurses.system.Toolkit.getLibraryPath(Toolkit.java:111)
> at jcurses.system.Toolkit.<clinit>(Toolkit.java:37)
> ... 7 more

Game placed on a directory with spaces on its filepath

--
Slash

SZDev - Slash wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this one has been yet
> another big leap compared to 1.1c, please have a look and tell me your
> suggestions!

First thoughts

-I Like the character histories
-Town looks nice, especialy the raised walkways
-Interesting approach to FOV (not sure if I like it yet)
-If you want to display the players name and class, it would look
better at the top of the screen rather than under the messages
-Consider deleting old messages (or turn them dark grey)
-Castle looks very nice
-Space bar should always cancel
-auto-ID is a great idea
-Perhaps if you see two of the same creature, only display it once on
the auto-ID
-Seems like you could use more of the screen

Seco One wrote:
> SZDev - Slash wrote:
> > Hello all!
> >
> > A new version of CastlevaniaRL has been released, this one has been yet
> > another big leap compared to 1.1c, please have a look and tell me your
> > suggestions!
>
> First thoughts
>
> -I Like the character histories
> -Town looks nice, especialy the raised walkways
> -Castle looks very nice
> -auto-ID is a great idea

:)

> -Interesting approach to FOV (not sure if I like it yet)

What things don't you like about it? .

> -If you want to display the players name and class, it would look
> better at the top of the screen rather than under the messages

Well, adom uses it on the lower part of the screen AFAIR, and I am also
putting player status modifiers in the same line.

> -Consider deleting old messages (or turn them dark grey)

I will

> -Space bar should always cancel

Ok

> -Perhaps if you see two of the same creature, only display it once on
> the auto-ID

The idea is that the autoID will also show the status of the monster in
the future, which is an individual attribute

> -Seems like you could use more of the screen

Well, the autoID can take all the screen sides when you are on a big
fight

Thanks for your suggestions and I hope you liked the game,

--
Slash
http://peltkore.net/~szdev