1.9 volts Celeron CUmine

G

Hi folks, I bought recently a Celeron (Coppermine) 633 retail hoping to run it at 100 MHz FSB on Asus P2B rev .1.11. This would lead to 950 MHz. After some tinkering and soldering (P2B doesn't allow voltage tweaking) I upped the voltage .05 V at a time to 1.8, where system was "almost" stable @ 950. It ran 3DMark2000 twice with no crashes, but would eventually bomb out. I thought that the proc. was overheating so decided to go back to 791 (83 MHz FSB) that it run with the default 1.7 V stably.

To make the long story short, I damaged some of the traces on the generic slotket I use and found the voltage to drop down to 1.3 V... After some mild dispair and jump leads I ended up to 1.9 volts. Fine, I thought, and run 3DMark again. To my surprise everything was 100 percent stable, if bit on a scorching side. So overheating didn't cause my crashes earlier. Funniest thing is that I run this baby with original Intel hsf. To get things less toasty I duct cold air from the front grille and blow it on the processor/vid card with a 150 mm fan from an old server.

The system has been running stably for a few weeks now. Do you think the processor will survive the 1.9 volts?

Sami