Sign in with
Your question

120Hz Gaming Monitor Suggestions?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 18, 2012 1:32:21 AM

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to post this, but here we go!

I'm building a gaming rig soon, so I figured I should replace my monitor as well. I mean, what's the point in putting a lot of money into a gaming computer just to display it on a crappy old monitor?? >< I honestly don't know much about monitor technology, which is the main reason I decided to post a thread xD I want to get everyone's opinion on their favorite monitor!

What I know I want:
- 120HZ
- 3D Support (I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard pretty cool things about it. I figured it would be nice to have. If I had a
choice, I would like something with Nvidia's 3D Vision since I'm putting a GTX 680 in my rig.)
- 1920 x 1080 resolution unless anyone can convince me otherwise :) 
- 2ms response time, if possible
- LED backlit

A couple side notes:
- I would like to keep it under $1000
- I don't need built-in speakers

I would appreciate any suggestions! Please and thank you! ^-^
October 22, 2012 8:11:17 PM

I'm hanging towards the Asus VG278H, it's not the best colours... But that's rare with 120hz monitors.

Do you have a chance to try some monitors? The best way to find the best monitor is by looking at them :) 
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
October 22, 2012 8:18:43 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Computer Peripherals by MouseMonkey
m
l
October 23, 2012 1:10:54 AM

You checked out the BenQ XL series? I have one of them and they're great! I would definitely recommend them!
m
l
!