Could someone help me?

Hi all, i've just started a computer course but i'm a little stuck. The question is,
Detail the voltages present on a large disk connector?
Thanx in advance
o yeah i really think i may need some more help with this course, so i might be posting quite a lot.
Any help is appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about could
  1. Yellow = +12v
    Red = +5v
    2x Black = Ground

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>
  2. I assume you mean a molex connector? The type used to connect hard drives, cd-rom,floppy, etc.That one is simple.
    red=+5
    black=-5
    black=-12
    yellow=+12
    I'm not sure about the voltages present in the 40 or 80 connector ribon cables.never checked.

I aint signing nothing!!!
  3. R U sure the 2 blacks are -12 and -5?

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>
  4. The 2 blacks are definitely supposed to be ground.

Kelledin

bash-2.04$ kill -9 1
    "Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?"
  5. yes. we are talking about DC current on this side of the power supply.AC in and DC out. Yes it is a ground of sort, BUT the two should not be swapped. That is why it is allways written as -5 or -12, not ground.Your power supply has different regulator circuits for each voltage. Crossing the two can cause all sorts of problems.

I aint signing nothing!!!
  6. I understand your point about not switching them, as each cicuite has it's own protection on some suplies, but they are still zero-volt. They could be deditcated to that line, but since the positive side is the only one that is diferentiated from the case, the black wires should have a common ground.

Suicide is painless...........
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer Systems