[RPGnethack] Python based RL needs programmers

If you're into roleplaying games, you might have visited RPGnet
(http://www.rpg.net). A few of us at RPGnet decided to get together and
create our own roguelike. We're calling it RPGnethack (though it's not
a Nethack variant).

Anyway, we're writing it in Python and basically making it from
scratch. We need a few dedicated programmers for the dev team. The only
requirement: That you are able to submit at least one piece of code per
week, written in Python (or even pseudocode) that can be used in the
game.

If you're interested, sign up at RPGnet and let us know.

The thread looking for Dev Team members is here:

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=218209

The main RPGnethack thread is stickied at the top of the Art of Game
Design forum here:

http://forum.rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11

We've also got a wiki at:

http://rpgnethack.wikispaces.org

Program files will be hosted at Sourceforge.

Thanks!

Stonebrook
4 answers Last reply
More about rpgnethack python based programmers
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    <edw...@lore.net> wrote:

    > http://aristharid.canadianwebs.com

    Thanks! I will definitely take a look!
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Stonebrook <rpgnethack@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Anyway, we're writing it in Python and basically making it from
    > scratch. We need a few dedicated programmers for the dev team. The only
    > requirement: That you are able to submit at least one piece of code per
    > week, written in Python (or even pseudocode) that can be used in the
    > game.

    I'm too busy with my own rl project, but if there's any code in my old
    Python RL project that might be of use to you, you're welcome to it.

    http://aristharid.canadianwebs.com

    And I think I rewrote the entire project up to that point a little
    better than that, so if you're interested I'll try to fish out the more
    recent version and email it.
    But if you're intending to start from scratch, my poorly programmed
    learning framework won't be of much use. I think the action queue and a
    few other things were okay, though.

    Best of luck!

    --
    --jude hungerford.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    hmmm...
    i have a partialy written RL in python myself.

    maybe I'll post the code here soon
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    if you what what little code that i have written (you can use it
    however you like) write me an email:
    ido dot yehieli at gmail dot com

Python Development Games Video Games