Sign in with
Your question

CPU/Case Temp

Last response: in CPUs
April 22, 2001 9:31:40 AM

What should be the difference between the case temp and the CPU temp? I have a 1.33GHz athlon and get CPU temp of 56 degrees C and a case temp of 38 degrees C. This spread seems to be too big. I am useing the HS/Fan that came with the CPU, it is retail. How much of a improvement would a different HS/Fan and maybe some artic silver do?.

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.

More about : cpu case temp

April 22, 2001 6:56:59 PM

Do you have any <b>case fan</b>? It would help air flow inside your case and better cooling.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 22, 2001 7:34:42 PM

That is WAY WAY too hot. What is the temp in your room? My room is currently 77F/25C and my CPU is 95F/35C and my cooling for my computer is pretty good. My sys is a 1.33Ghz as well.
Related resources
April 23, 2001 2:38:38 AM

With a good HS/Fan should the case and cpu be only a few degrees apart is what im asking? I don't know why my case wont stay at room temp, about 28C. I have a 80mm intake fan(front) and a 80mm exhaust(rear) which is just below my power supply which has a 60mm exhaust fan also. Is this not a good set-up? I know I need a new HS/Fan and some AS2, but what would be a good one is my other question.

Crap, all the good ones are already taken.
April 23, 2001 2:52:43 AM

Hmm if you have the system packed with expansion cards, that bumps up the temperature too. Having an intake fan on the left side panel (like <A HREF="http://www.3dcool.com/" target="_new">3DCool's</A> Tornado Cases) helps a great deal in those situations.

Oh, and the temperature difference seems to be about normal--my case has a 7-degree temp difference (23 degrees case, 40 degrees CPU). You need to get your case temperature down though.

Kelledin

bash-2.04$ kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?
April 23, 2001 3:03:34 AM

that's 17... ;o)

Mine is a 1.56 Athlon. Cpu runs 13 degrees over mobo temp, which is 4 over ambient.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details
April 23, 2001 3:05:28 AM

One of if the the best HSF units is the Silverado. You can order one <A HREF="http://www.noisecontrol.de" target="_new">here</A>.

- Tempus fugit donec vestrum relictus tripudium. Autem amor praeterea magis pretium.
!