Windows based iPad-like tablets?

Are there any fanless tablets iPad-like which run on Windows? It has to have a USB port.

Preferably screen size of 7".
8 answers Last reply
More about windows based ipad like tablets
  1. I already have an iPad. I have a specific reason and would like the screen to be between 5" & 7".
  2. Why not choose an ipod is a better question.
  3. If you mean an iTouch the screen is too small & no USB. 7" is just about right.
  4. Actually that was a joke about the current iPad. Sorry it wasnt obvious lol. Ive seen alot of interesting tablets come down the news feed but nothing seems to have become a hit yet.
  5. It has to run on Windows. I think a lot of these devices are Android based. All the Android pdf readers I have looked at don't meet my requirements. The tablet I want is for reading pdf files and i will use a cordless mouse for scrolling. I am using now a Samsung Q1 UMPC which is good for reading but it's falling apart. I wrote an app to freeze the mouse pointer on the screen (it moves with I use the mouse's wheel). I put up a rig which is a very small table, sits on top of me while I am laying. The Q1 is stuck on its edge holding the Q1 facing me and all I have to do it is flip the page with the mouse wheel. I am not even holding the Q1. Call it the lazy man's reader.
  6. Digital Dissent said:
    Actually that was a joke about the current iPad.ipad 2 case
    ipad2 smart covers
    iPad2 case.Sorry it wasnt obvious lol. Ive seen alot of interesting tablets come down the news feed but nothing seems to have become a hit yet.

Why not choose an ipod is a better question.
  7. I use some from TabletKiosk.com sometimes for industirial / business apps.
    they are OK but a bit pricey..
  8. The latest ViewPad by Viewsonic is running with Windows 7, the CPU is Intel processor code name Oak Trail. Fanless and safe power too.
Ask a new question

Read More

iPad Tablets Screen Size Laptops Product