Tags:
  • iPad
  • Tablets
  • Screen Size
  • Laptops
  • Product
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
February 7, 2011 6:30:24 PM

Are there any fanless tablets iPad-like which run on Windows? It has to have a USB port.

Preferably screen size of 7".

More about : windows based ipad tablets

February 8, 2011 2:51:46 PM

I already have an iPad. I have a specific reason and would like the screen to be between 5" & 7".
m
l
February 8, 2011 3:34:51 PM

Why not choose an ipod is a better question.
m
l
Related resources
February 8, 2011 5:48:40 PM

If you mean an iTouch the screen is too small & no USB. 7" is just about right.
m
l
February 8, 2011 6:02:02 PM

Actually that was a joke about the current iPad. Sorry it wasnt obvious lol. Ive seen alot of interesting tablets come down the news feed but nothing seems to have become a hit yet.
m
l
February 8, 2011 6:34:18 PM

It has to run on Windows. I think a lot of these devices are Android based. All the Android pdf readers I have looked at don't meet my requirements. The tablet I want is for reading pdf files and i will use a cordless mouse for scrolling. I am using now a Samsung Q1 UMPC which is good for reading but it's falling apart. I wrote an app to freeze the mouse pointer on the screen (it moves with I use the mouse's wheel). I put up a rig which is a very small table, sits on top of me while I am laying. The Q1 is stuck on its edge holding the Q1 facing me and all I have to do it is flip the page with the mouse wheel. I am not even holding the Q1. Call it the lazy man's reader.
m
l
March 22, 2011 2:05:06 AM

Digital Dissent said:
Actually that was a joke about the current iPad.ipad 2 case
ipad2 smart covers
iPad2 case.Sorry it wasnt obvious lol. Ive seen alot of interesting tablets come down the news feed but nothing seems to have become a hit yet.

Why not choose an ipod is a better question.
m
l
March 23, 2011 6:22:34 PM

I use some from TabletKiosk.com sometimes for industirial / business apps.
they are OK but a bit pricey..
m
l
May 25, 2011 12:07:15 PM

The latest ViewPad by Viewsonic is running with Windows 7, the CPU is Intel processor code name Oak Trail. Fanless and safe power too.
m
l
!