Aleax can two weapon for all classes

Hi all. I was just playing around on NAO with my caveman and found a
really strange thing. Remember when i wrote that i could two weapon
when i polyed into an aleax as a rogue? Well, i wanted to test if it
was possible to two weapon if polyed into a class that was not
allowed to two weapon. Guess what? it is.

My Caveman had a ring of polymorph and polycontrol so i tested it, and
at the moment i am two weaponing the orb of might and a mace.(both at
+0) I attacked something with 56 hp and knocked it down to 6. Now i
just have to figure out if not having two weaponing skill is hurting
this character. Also , i am going to crown myself to see if it is
possible to unrestrict two weaponing. (i am lawful and already have
Excalibur.) I will tell the group my results.

Jorge

jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all. I was just playing around on NAO with my caveman and found a
> really strange thing. Remember when i wrote that i could two weapon
> when i polyed into an aleax as a rogue? Well, i wanted to test if it
> was possible to two weapon if polyed into a class that was not
> allowed to two weapon. Guess what? it is.

This may really be an oversight. I suggest to report this
as a bug.

Best,
Jakob

Jakob Creutzig wrote:

> jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all. I was just playing around on NAO with my caveman and found
>> a really strange thing. Remember when i wrote that i could two
>> weapon when i polyed into an aleax as a rogue? Well, i wanted to
>> test if it was possible to two weapon if polyed into a class that
>> was not
>> allowed to two weapon. Guess what? it is.
>
> This may really be an oversight. I suggest to report this
> as a bug.

Well, i won't report it as a bug, since i still want to play around
with this feature. I did wonder though if it was intended. #two
weaponing for an Aleax is done on purpose(according to a source diver
i asked), but i wonder if they were suppose to be able to hit 4
times.

On another note, i was just going to get crowned to see if two
weaponing would get unrestricted when i had a brain lapse and forgot
to poly myself into aleax form. Guess that experiment has to be done
by my Ranger in my next game.

Jorge

jorge estrada wrote:

> Jakob Creutzig wrote:
>
>> jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi all. I was just playing around on NAO with my caveman and found
>>> a really strange thing. Remember when i wrote that i could two
>>> weapon when i polyed into an aleax as a rogue? Well, i wanted to
>>> test if it was possible to two weapon if polyed into a class that
>>> was not
>>> allowed to two weapon. Guess what? it is.
>>
>> This may really be an oversight. I suggest to report this
>> as a bug.
>>
> Well, i won't report it as a bug, since i still want to play around
> with this feature. I did wonder though if it was intended. #two
> weaponing for an Aleax is done on purpose(according to a source
> diver i asked), but i wonder if they were suppose to be able to hit
> 4 times.
>
> On another note, i was just going to get crowned to see if two
> weaponing would get unrestricted when i had a brain lapse and forgot
> to poly myself into aleax form. Guess that experiment has to be done
> by my Ranger in my next game.

Latest update. it turns out that this is not much of a power boast
after all. I do about 10-20 hp of additional damage, which is about
the same as if i was a rogue that poly'ed into an aleax. The
unrestricted penalty is the cause according to people that have tried
this before.

Jorge

jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> writes:
> Jakob Creutzig wrote:
> > jorge estrada <jestrada5@yahoo.com> writes:
> >
> >> Hi all. I was just playing around on NAO with my caveman and found
> >> a really strange thing. Remember when i wrote that i could two
> >> weapon when i polyed into an aleax as a rogue? Well, i wanted to
> >> test if it was possible to two weapon if polyed into a class that
> >> was not allowed to two weapon. Guess what? it is.

You mean polymorphing into a two-weapon-capable form _from_ a role
that isn't allowed to two-weapon, not into.

> > This may really be an oversight. I suggest to report this
> > as a bug.
> >
> Well, i won't report it as a bug, since i still want to play around
> with this feature. I did wonder though if it was intended. #two
> weaponing for an Aleax is done on purpose(according to a source diver
> i asked)

Indeed it is; two-weaponing capability depends solely on your current
form, not your base role, and there's code to make that come out right
when polyselfing between them.

> but i wonder if they were suppose to be able to hit 4 times.

Currently yes, but it's marked as an area for potential development
and balancing.

: >LOOK UP CURRY IN GUIDEBOOK :
: 'CURRY: to consume silently and with regret.' :
: -- Dan Schmidt, "For a Change" :