Sign in with
Your question

Help Touch Screen and Multiple Monitors

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 26, 2012 3:10:56 PM

Q. Is it possible to have a touch screen monitor and multiple LED monitors at the same time?
(Related Q. Is it possible to do have multiple touch screen monitors with Surround?)

I am building my first computer. I love the new Win 8 UI, and I would love to be able to take advantage of the touch capabilities. I also love gaming and want to have a 3-monitor set up. I want to know if it is possible for the center monitor to be touch with Win 8 for launching apps and browsing and the two side monitors to be standard LEDs (used mostly in gaming)? If that doesnt work can multiple touch screens work together (though Im not ready to buy that many expensive monitors yet)?

Monitors under consideration are:
Touch Screen: Planar 997-6399-00 24-Inch Screen LCD Monitor
Regular: Viewsonic VX2453MH-LED 24-Inch Ultra-thin Widescreen LED Monitor

Monitor stand that I am considering:
Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand (100-D16-B03)

***EDIT***I have done a little more research and learned that the Acer T232HL and Acer T272HL are Windows 8 Certified monitors (no raised bezel allows touch functions to extend to the edge of the screen). So a small edit to the original question: Could I use a Acer T232HL with 2 other monitors for surround gaming?

Related question: Could 3 Acer T232HL be used for an ultra-wide touch experience?

I have purchased everything I need to start to build my computer except the graphics card (and the monitors, of course). I am considering a GTX 680 Classified instead of the GTX 670 FTW. I would like to run nice (not necessarily "max" ) graphics with one card across 3 monitors with Surround.

***EDIT***
I have decided to start building my FIRST home made computer! I am very excited by the prospect. I picked a GTX 680 Classified to open the potential for a Surround set up in the future. I should have my gaming computer built this weekend!

My specs:
CPU: i7 3820 3.6Ghz
GPU: GTX 680 Classified 4GB
PSU: Corsair Pro Series 1200W
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
MoBo: Sabertooth X79

January 31, 2013 11:02:06 PM

wellssh said:
Q. Is it possible to have a touch screen monitor and multiple LED monitors at the same time?
(Related Q. Is it possible to do have multiple touch screen monitors with Surround?)

Hey wellssh,

Yes, I have a setup similar to what your building monitor wise, it works just fine and I'm using windows 7. I actually just bought a second touch screen so my center and left are touch screens but the left touch is only working for the center monitor so far. I have 2 Planar PX2230MW 22" touch screens. I was so impressed with the first one I bought a second. I'll let you know if I ever get them working correctly.

As far as surround goes I haven't delved into it to much. The only surround thing I have done is with a program called "Space Engine", and I had to window the program and manually drag the width of the program wider to the other 2 monitors, but it was really cool! I recommend DL it and checking out--> http://en.spaceengine.org/load/core/spaceengine_0_96_fu...

Good luck,

Dan
m
l
!