Trouble with USB after CMOS reset

Stygia0013

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hello,
My buddy recently hooked me up with a Biostar A880GZ motherboard after getting it booted I got ahold of a ps/2 keyboard and was able to get into the bios to reset everything to default and proceeded to install windows.

Using the drivers disk that came with the motherboard I installed the ethernet drivers and updated windows fully. I figured after the final reboot my USB devices would have been reactivated, the BIOS shows USB devices as enabled but doesn't read any devices plugged in. I tried installing the usb 2.0 file from the motherboard drivers disk but I get a " the driver can not install ! !" message after setup runs.

Since all the USB's are getting power according to my mouse lighting up I'm not sure why with no problems in device manager the USB ports are not detecting devices plugged into them. Any suggestions on getting the USB ports working again?

Try the latest chipset driver from Intel or AMDs website. Usually the driver included on a installation disc from the vendor is outdated compared to what you can get from their site.

Did you have any anti-virus or firewall installed on the computer while you were installing the network driver? If not, you may have picked up a virus or malware.

The chipset driver is going to be why it's not working inside of Windows.

Stygia0013

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Ok, so the chipset from AMD website, not biostars website right? Ill throw both onto a cd just in case.