HELP! Athlon 1.33 a 1ghz?

I have my new system going 1.33 Athlon on the Gigabyte 7ADXC board with the 761 chipset, SBLive 5.1 and Creative Annihilator 2 vid card. First problem the Athlon is reporting as a 1.00 gig processor not a 1.33? Anyone?
The other is a display problem? I get garbled trash on some restarts. All updated drivers including the Via 4 into 1. I thought I had it licked after that because I got refresh rates selectable instead of no options. Im thinking refresh rates are hanging up on restarts? I am probably way off but that is why I am asking here!
2 answers Last reply
More about help athlon 1ghz
  1. did you think to set the fsb at 133mhz yet? The manual helps.

What drivers are you using for the vid card? I found that the creative drives suck. I use the nVidia reference drivers, 7.52 being the latest full ones.

-* This Space For Rent *-
    email for application details
  2. You mean the Gigabyte GA-7DXC?

Gigabyte produces two AMD761 motherboards. The GA-7DXC is their first one and supposedly does not run stable at 133MHz FSB--only at 100MHz FSB. Their other AMD761 motherboard is the GA-7DX (without the C). This is the one I have, and it's rock-solid at 133MHz FSB.

I believe the GA-7DX(C) defaults to 100MHz FSB. This can be changed via a blue block of 4 white DIP switches. If you feel daring, you can try setting the FSB to 133MHz--but I wouldn't guarantee its stability, nor would I even guarantee the motherboard will allow itself to run that way.

As for the VIA 4-in-1, you DON'T want the VIA AGP miniport driver on this motherboard. I found out when I got this motherboard that the AGP port is controlled by the AMD761 northbridge; you want the AMD760 AGP miniport driver.

Kelledin

bash-2.04$ kill -9 1
    init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs