hi, id like some performance notebook, but as portable as possible. it would be docked with external monitor and keyboard while working, but taken on trip anytime while still ready for playing hd movie and after that still left some power to browse internet/play music.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
12" to 15"
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
2.5h+ while watching movie
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
no, there's an desktop for gaming
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
programming (eclipse, visual studio) + browsing with 100 opened tabs at background + some music .. movies
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
320gb for movies/ music + SSD (at least 32gb) for apps
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Lenovo - quality + design
Asus - quality + price
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
lots of ram
there's no need for discrete graphics for now .. maybe i'd like to play games later, but i'm waiting till 28nm gpus are comming out first.. so there should be empty slot for it, but its not a condition
Yes, Sandy Bridge dual and quad core systems will be available and in your price range.
It's just a bit tooo early to list anything. Big changes coming in the next two to three months.
Stop back by here about two weeks before you plan to buy. That's more than enough time and you'll get accurate price estimates and hopefully some actual reviews.
How do you feel about the ASUS U43JC Bamboo for $999? It's a pretty sweet machine that should be able to do all that you need it to. It even has blu-ray.
The bamboo texture and elegant, brushed-aluminum exterior of the stylish ASUS U33Jc notebook give it a more tactile and organic feel. NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology helps save battery life and enhance performance.
Here are its specs:
14" WXGA (1366x768) HD
2.4 GHz Intel® Core™ i5-450M Processor
4 GB DRAM 1066 MHz
500 GB HDD 5400 RPM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Blu-ray R, CD R/W, DVD R/W