Port-forwarding to IIS web server: port 80

I am trying to forward port 80 requests to a web server
connected to an MN-500 base station. I have an entry in
Port-Forwarding as follows:

Enabled - checked, Description - "http", Inbound Port -
"80", Type - "TCP", Private IP Address - the IP of the
web server, Private Port - "80"

If I type http://localhost or http://<web server IP> into
the browser while on the web server it returns a web
page. If I type http://<WAN IP address> I receive "Cannot
find server or DNS Error"

Thanks in advance...

Make sure you have the latest firmware rev installed.

You need loopback support to do what you are describing, that support was
added to the MN500 in its later firmware updates (that would be v 1.11.017)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Brent--" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to forward port 80 requests to a web server
> connected to an MN-500 base station. I have an entry in
> Port-Forwarding as follows:
>
> Enabled - checked, Description - "http", Inbound Port -
> "80", Type - "TCP", Private IP Address - the IP of the
> web server, Private Port - "80"
>
> If I type http://localhost or http://<web server IP> into
> the browser while on the web server it returns a web
> page. If I type http://<WAN IP address> I receive "Cannot
> find server or DNS Error"
>
> Thanks in advance...

The problem was that I had two firewalls. The MN-500
firewall and Windows XP firewall. I had not allowed port
80 access through the Windows XP firewall.