New Computer not showing up on Monitor

Alphanse

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hi guys, just got a new computer today, it's a newly built gaming PC, i have a (working) monitor that isn't showing up anything, it just says there's no signal, i have tried using the Blue cord on VGA setting on the monitor, aswell as the HMDI port. I defiantly know my monitor is working.

My video card is Sapphire HD 7870
8GB Ram
Core i5 3570

Solution
Did you plug it into the right spot? Remember it goes into the plug at he back of the video card, not into the motherboard. Easy enough mistake to make if you're not paying that close attention or haven't plugged a monitor in in a long while.
So that would mean your new computer is not working. Did you build it yourself, someone build it for you, or what? Did you check the system already, make sure everything is connected and seated properly. What happens when you turn the computer on? Lights go on? Fans OK? Hard-drive spins up?

Faelinor

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Did you plug it into the right spot? Remember it goes into the plug at he back of the video card, not into the motherboard. Easy enough mistake to make if you're not paying that close attention or haven't plugged a monitor in in a long while.

Solution