Happily farming with two thoroughly rusty -3 orcish
daggers, I noticed that my #twoweapon skill, much
unlike my dagger skill, won't improve even after dozens
of kills and lots of free skill points. Switching to
normal +0 daggers, I recognized rapid advance. Is that
behaviour intentional, and is there a rationale for it?

Best,
Jakob

Jakob Creutzig <creutzig@mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> Happily farming with two thoroughly rusty -3 orcish
> daggers, I noticed that my #twoweapon skill, much
> unlike my dagger skill, won't improve even after dozens
> of kills and lots of free skill points. Switching to
> normal +0 daggers, I recognized rapid advance. Is that
> behaviour intentional, and is there a rationale for it?

I'd expect the (spoiler) sentence:

A hit is considered successful if it causes more than
one point of damage to a monster, regardless if the weapon
is wielded or thrown.

(from weap-341.html) to apply. Your orcish daggers always do 0
base damage, so don't exercise weapons skills.