#twoweaponing with low-damage weapons

Happily farming with two thoroughly rusty -3 orcish
daggers, I noticed that my #twoweapon skill, much
unlike my dagger skill, won't improve even after dozens
of kills and lots of free skill points. Switching to
normal +0 daggers, I recognized rapid advance. Is that
behaviour intentional, and is there a rationale for it?

Best,
Jakob
1 answer Last reply
More about twoweaponing damage weapons

    Jakob Creutzig <creutzig@mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
    > Happily farming with two thoroughly rusty -3 orcish
    > daggers, I noticed that my #twoweapon skill, much
    > unlike my dagger skill, won't improve even after dozens
    > of kills and lots of free skill points. Switching to
    > normal +0 daggers, I recognized rapid advance. Is that
    > behaviour intentional, and is there a rationale for it?

    I'd expect the (spoiler) sentence:

    A hit is considered successful if it causes more than
    one point of damage to a monster, regardless if the weapon
    is wielded or thrown.

    (from weap-341.html) to apply. Your orcish daggers always do 0
    base damage, so don't exercise weapons skills.

Games Video Games