When sacrificing, why do I sometimes go from a hopeful
feeling on one sacrifice to "Your sacrifice is consumed in a
burst of flame!" on the next? Shouldn't I get reconciliation
first?
--
Wes
The early bird may get the worm,

Reconciliation only happens if your sacrifice brings you to the exact
level of appeasement with your god. If your sacrifice brings you past
that point, you don't get the message.

Wes Irby wrote:

> When sacrificing, why do I sometimes go from a hopeful
> feeling on one sacrifice to "Your sacrifice is consumed in a
> burst of flame!" on the next? Shouldn't I get reconciliation
> first?

If you sac twice in a row without pause, yes.

A sacrafice reduces your prayer timeout. What if it
reduces it to 6? Then it takes 12 turns to kill
some monster, drag it to the altar and do the sac.
By then you've hit zero before the extra sac. Not
that you could have known. Who ever zaps a wand of
enlightenment before every sacrafice.

In message <1108682594.184157.227560@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Fleshpile <Fleshpile@gmail.com> writes
>Reconciliation only happens if your sacrifice brings you to the exact
>level of appeasement with your god. If your sacrifice brings you past
>that point, you don't get the message.

Not quite true. You get the message whenever you make a sacrifice that
reduces your prayer time-out to zero, this meaning you can now safely
pray. The original poster misses some messages because the prayer
time-out reaches zero 'naturally' in between sacrifices. Presumably
while he's hunting the next sacrifice.
--
Leon Coles
Currently bored to tears in Gehonme and thinking of saving and shelving a

begin quoting Fleshpile <Fleshpile@gmail.com>:
>Reconciliation only happens if your sacrifice brings you to the exact
>level of appeasement with your god. If your sacrifice brings you past
>that point, you don't get the message.

That's grossly misleading; technically true, since the prayer timeout
cannot go below zero, and so you can never go past that point, but
obviously based on a misconception.

Looking back, since you haven't seen fit to include any context, what is
actually happening is that the original poster's prayer timeout sometimes
is zeroed by the passage of time between sacrifices.
--
David Damerell <damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is Brieday, February.

TRENDING THREADS