Trapped xorn

"The xorn is trapped in a spider web."

Shouldn't it be able to pass through any traps in its way?

P.

Paul E Collins wrote:

> "The xorn is trapped in a spider web."
> Shouldn't it be able to pass through any traps in its way?

I think it should not. It may pass through metal, crystal, and other
types of earth.

However, I think it shouldn't be able to pass through non-earth-related
substances, like webs. This seems correctly inplemented in the case of
webs, but a quick test in wizard mode shows that other organic things
don't hamper its movements.

For example, a test on the first level of the ranger quest shows that
Xorns may freely pass through trees.

I think this may be an oversight.

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).

AFAIK, the desc. says thru non organic things, and webs are organic

seraphim

"Boudewijn Waijers" <kroisos@REMOVETHISWORD.home.nl> wrote in news:cv54kk
$omd$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl:

> Paul E Collins wrote:
>
>> "The xorn is trapped in a spider web."
>> Shouldn't it be able to pass through any traps in its way?
>
> I think it should not. It may pass through metal, crystal, and other
> types of earth.
>
> However, I think it shouldn't be able to pass through non-earth-related
> substances, like webs. This seems correctly inplemented in the case of
> webs, but a quick test in wizard mode shows that other organic things
> don't hamper its movements.
>
> For example, a test on the first level of the ranger quest shows that
> Xorns may freely pass through trees.
>
> I think this may be an oversight.

Arn't the trees on the first level of the ranger quest petrified trees?
That would make the "trees" more of a tree-shaped-rock, so it makes sense
that a Xorn could pass through them.

Seraphim <gme6@cornell.edu> writes:
> "Boudewijn Waijers" <kroisos@REMOVETHISWORD.home.nl> wrote in news:cv54kk
> $omd$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl:

[Xorns passing through organic material]

> > For example, a test on the first level of the ranger quest shows that
> > Xorns may freely pass through trees.
> >
> > I think this may be an oversight.
>
> Arn't the trees on the first level of the ranger quest petrified trees?
> That would make the "trees" more of a tree-shaped-rock, so it makes sense
> that a Xorn could pass through them.

Except that a xorn can pass through any trees, not just petrified
ones.

(I don't believe this to be a bug; xorns can pass through other wooden
things such as doors and drawbridges, after all. I think this is a
case of NHIND&D.)

: >LOOK UP CURRY IN GUIDEBOOK :
: 'CURRY: to consume silently and with regret.' :
: -- Dan Schmidt, "For a Change" :