YAAP blindcoder Rog-Hum-Mal-Cha

Wow, I never thought I'd ascend that fast again.

Anyway, I started playing monks and wizards for fun after my YAFAP at
the end of January. Noone really survived long. Then I accidentally hit
'y' at the question if the RNG should choose a character for me. Oh
well, might as well play that rogue.

Blindcoder the Footpad St:14 Dx:18 Co:13 In:10 Wi:9 Ch:11 Chaotic S:0
Dlvl:1 $:0 HP:12(12) Pw:2(2) AC:7 Xp:1/0 T:1

Quickly got a stash set up on Dlvl 3 (the only dungeon-altar in the
whole game) and made my way to BigRoom without hassles. Gained XL 10
there, made Sokoban for the Amulet (YAY) and then went to take out the
mines for the luckstone. My last ascension taught me that confusion is
important on the planes and so I started reading spellbooks so that I
can confuse me with them later on. This proved worthy later on, but I'm
digressing.
After the mines I had 49(!) daggers. Enchanted them to +3 and took 25
with me, despite the insane weight. Got to Master in daggers quite soon.
Somewhen along the road i managed to tame a large dog after I found a
magic whistle. Using a polytrap in the mines I soon had a pet marilith
whacking anything in sight with Orcrist.
No, don't blame Orcrist on me. I got that as a first gift from Kos.
Orcrist! Of all things, Orcrist! Oh well, I really wanted Stormy so I
emptied a few /oCM, BoT and ?oCM on the altar. Good Trollsbane,
Demonbane, Frost Brand and - finally Stormy. And guess what? UNCROWNED!
All the profits of crowning without its pain! I gave Frost Brand to
Cerberus (my pet marilith, he kept the name after the Polymorph).
Anyway, with that equipment I descended further until XL 14 finally
enabled me to the quest.
Having paid attention to fellow #nethack'ers I brought a cursed ?oT
(kindly sponsored by the cursed MM (not the uncursed one I also found)
to escape the last Quest level. Along the Quest, Cerberus (my marilith)
died to a blue jelly which he happily slashed with Frostbrand. If I
could have TU'd him I'd have killed him again *grr*.
Anyway, the quest it is. Using a hole I dug I landed in the Master
Assassins part of the level, introduced him quickly to my wand of death
and left with the MKoT.
Descending further I hit a bones of an unfortunate Barbarian who turned
to stone by not having a lizard corpse with him. His statue donated the
cursed +7 Cleaver and the Heart of Ahriman (which I couldn't pick up).
Tamed a horse along the way (called it Silver) and went back to the
polytrap. Here I made an evil mistake which cost me my robe (which was
kindly donated by the minetown priest after Cerberus (Kos bless him) had
a short talk with him. I accidentally stepped on the polytrap myself.
Oh well, gave Frosty to the Mountain Centaur named Silver and continued
my descent.
The Titan on Medusas got killed by late Cerberus already and Medusa
turned herself to stone after I fell past her level and came back up
hiding under my polished silver shield.
Perseus donated the only levitation boots I could find this game and I
went to take out the castle. Got a 0:3 wand of wishing out of it.
Some time later I got a wand of polymorph and decided I'd try to get a
better pet. Silver died on the first zap, leaving me with Frosty again.
Okay, finally no more care to take when running around #twoweaponing
Stormy and a silver saber from a helpful Captain in the castle.
Found two more magic markers along the way and a second wand of wishing
0:3 from a python in Gehennom.
In Gehennom I tamed a warhorse with a slime mold, used the polytrap I
found to poly it into a salamder, equipped it with Orcrist (wouldn't
pick up anything else) and some armor from the stash and went hacking
through Gehennom.
I couldn't be bothered with the Demon Lords/Princes so I just paid them
off where possible.
Found the VS on Dlvl 45, marked it the usual way (dug an arrow of
holes), took out Wimp the Impaler, #enhanced Divination to Basic so I
could cast ID and went back to the stash to create my AK.
It wasn't great, but the 4 magic markers and more than 40 cancellable
scrolls helped a lot.
Wrote lots of ?oEA ?oEW and the four obligatory ?oDT. Two markers dried
out to 1:0 so I stashed them away. Wished up speed boots and a HoB.
Back down to Rodney, killed him with a /oD before he realized what hit
him (didn't even pick up the Book) and made a run for the VS.
Silver II (the salamander) seems to have gone back through the portal
into Rodneys tower, at least he was there when I left it and wasn't seen
anymore after that. I didn't bother searching for him.
The High Priest of Moloch committed suicide by zapping his /oD at my
amulet of reflection. I gladly took the Amulet and made a run for the
planes.
Only a single mysterious force and two Rodney appearences (plus the one
on the Plane of Earth) which were taken care of by whacking him (first
time) and /oD (second and third time).
Quickly reblessed all equipment at the stash (where 20 holy water were
waiting) and left for the planes with 2 /oDig in my bag.
On Earth only 4 charges of a /oDig were necessary.
On Air conflict helped me evading most anything. Didn't even get
swallowed once.
On Fire the same was happening.
On Water I removed the =oConflict and Amulet of Reflection, ended
#twoweaponing, wilded Stormy and put on a shield of reflection and the
Amulet of Yendor for the hot/cold game.
Some time in between I confused me and read a ?oGD to see where the ^
was. To my surprise it was still visible some time later! I thought it
would vanish from visibility again. Happily jumped in.
On Astral I quickly took care of an arch-lich and took a few !oFH out of
my oilskin bag and dropped it. All those stuff I took out of the BoH
earlier got me burdened which was unfavorable on Astral. I dropped the
oilskin bag with some holy water, !oFH and ?oRC, wished for a cockatrice
corpse, put on levitation boots, =oFA and =oConflict and ran for the
left altar. Famine was waiting for me there. I switched to +7 Stormy and
+6 silver saber and Famine was down in 2 turns. Using the cockatrice
corpse I stoned my way through to the altar and it was really Kos altar!
Right on first try! I lit the Candelabrum for style and sacced the amulet!

blindcoder, chaotic male human Rogue

-----
4..|
---------..--
|.......|...--
5|.......|.%..---
|...@@..A@A@%.-
|.......|.5..--- [
|...A...|..%-- %`
---------.4-- --|--
5 ...| | % ----
----- | ([
-----

---

Blindcoder the Burglar St:18/49 Dx:22 Co:18 In:19 Wi:20 Ch:18 Chaotic
S:1441286
Astral Plane $:0 HP:268(268) Pw:111(111) AC:-31 Exp:18 T:71035

Your inventory
Amulets
R - a blessed amulet of reflection (being worn)
Weapons
q - a blessed +6 silver saber
W - the blessed rustproof +7 Stormbringer (alternate weapon; not wielded)
Armor
n - an uncursed rustproof +2 helm of brilliance (being worn)
t - an uncursed greased fireproof +4 robe (being worn)
A - a blessed fireproof +4 pair of gauntlets of dexterity (being worn)
E - a blessed +0 pair of levitation boots (being worn)
G - an uncursed +0 shield of reflection
J - a blessed +3 Hawaiian shirt (being worn)
X - a blessed +4 gray dragon scale mail (being worn)
Comestibles
g - an uncursed cockatrice corpse (weapon in hand)
x - 2 uncursed C-rations
Spellbooks
M - the uncursed Book of the Dead
Potions
h - 4 blessed potions of full healing
Rings
a - an uncursed ring of conflict (on left hand)
p - a blessed ring of free action (on right hand)
P - a blessed ring of slow digestion
Wands
C - a blessed wand of wishing (0:0)
Z - a wand of death (0:5)
Tools
b - a blessed greased bag of holding
k - the blessed Master Key of Thievery
l - the blessed Bell of Opening (0:0)
u - a blessed +0 unicorn horn
L - the blessed Candelabrum of Invocation (7 candles, lit)
Gems
d - a cursed garnet stone
D - an uncursed ruby
Q - a cursed fluorite stone
U - a blessed luckstone
V - an uncursed aquamarine stone

Contents of the bag of holding:
a cursed amulet of change
an uncursed amulet of ESP
an uncursed amulet of ESP
an uncursed amulet of ESP
an uncursed amulet of ESP
an uncursed amulet of life saving
an uncursed amulet of life saving
an uncursed amulet of life saving
a cursed amulet of strangulation
a cursed amulet of strangulation
an uncursed amulet of unchanging
an uncursed amulet versus poison
an uncursed amulet versus poison
the rustproof +7 Cleaver
the blessed rustproof +0 Dragonbane
the blessed rustproof +1 Frost Brand
the +0 Grimtooth // dropped by an Elf Lord. No idea where he got it
the rustproof +1 Trollsbane
the -1 Vorpal Blade // dropped by an elf
a blessed +1 pair of water walking boots
7 uncursed C-rations
11 uncursed food rations
5 uncursed K-rations // way too much food again
an uncursed lizard corpse named Lissy
12 uncursed scrolls of blank paper
a cursed ring of invisibility named Nazgul #1
a cursed ring of invisibility named Nazgul #2
a cursed ring of invisibility named Nazgul #3
a cursed ring of invisibility named Nazgul #4
a wand of death (0:1)
a wand of death (0:5)
a wand of fire (0:8)
a wand of wishing (0:2)
a blessed magic marker (1:16)
a magic marker (0:63)
a blessed magic whistle
3 uncursed aquamarine stones
2 uncursed garnet stones
2 uncursed garnet stones
5 uncursed jacinth stones
2 uncursed jasper stones
an uncursed luckstone
3 uncursed obsidian stones
an uncursed opal
2 uncursed rubies
an uncursed topaz stone // hey, I'm a thief! I need shineys!

Final attributes
You were piously aligned
You were fire resistant
You were cold resistant
You were sleep resistant
You were disintegration-resistant
You were shock resistant
You were poison resistant
You were magic-protected
You saw invisible
You were telepathic
You were warned
You had automatic searching
You were invisible to others
You were stealthy
You caused conflict
You could teleport
You had teleport control
You were levitating
You were protected
You were fast
You had reflection
You had free action
You were very lucky (7)
You had extra luck
Good luck did not time out for you
You survived

Spells known in the end
Name Level Category Fail
a - sleep 1* enchantment 0%
b - healing 1* healing 0%
c - detect monsters 1* divination 0%
d - force bolt 1* attack 0%
e - detect food 2* divination 0%
f - create monster 2* clerical 0%
g - charm monster 3 enchantment 28%
h - cure sickness 3* healing 28%
i - polymorph 6* matter 99%
j - slow monster 2* enchantment 0%
k - wizard lock 2* matter 0%
l - cure blindness 2* healing 0%
m - confuse monster 2* enchantment 0%
n - drain life 2* attack 0%
o - identify 3 divination 0%
p - detect treasure 4* divination 0%
q - light 1* divination 0%
r - cone of cold 4 attack 66%
s - magic missile 2 attack 0%
t - stone to flesh 3 healing 28%
u - turn undead 6 clerical 99%

Vanquished creatures
Orcus
Yeenoghu
Juiblex
The Wizard of Yendor (4 times)
Famine
2 arch-liches
a high priest (4 created)
a mastodon (2 created)
Medusa
8 krakens (17 created)
3 iron golems (5 created)
5 master liches (4 created)
2 storm giants (3 created)
a titan
2 glass golems
2 balrogs (4 created)
6 purple worms (9 created)
2 gray dragons (4 created)
a silver dragon (3 created)
3 red dragons (5 created)
6 black dragons
6 blue dragons (8 created)
2 green dragons (3 created)
a yellow dragon
20 minotaurs (24 created)
4 jabberwocks (7 created)
The Master Assassin
5 baluchitheria (7 created)
3 Angels (27 created)
4 demiliches (6 created)
Vlad the Impaler
9 stone golems (12 created)
4 master mind flayers (6 created)
5 Olog-hai
4 Nazguls (6 created)
The Oracle // damn pets
13 aligned priests (41 created)
a homunculus // lowest single kill
2752 creatures vanquished.

Genocided or extinct species:
leprechauns (extinct) // 136 with 160 created! lots of halls
erinyes (extinct) // as usual
2 species extinct.

Voluntary challenges
You never genocided any monsters // more by accident
You polymorphed 62 items
You changed form 7 times
You used 4 wishes
You did not wish for any artifacts

Your skills at the end
Fighting Skills
two weapon combat [Skilled]
Weapon Skills
dagger [Expert]
short sword [Skilled]
broadsword [Skilled]
saber [Skilled]
Spellcasting Skills
divination spells [Basic]

Goodbye blindcoder the Demigod...
You went to your reward with 3027122 points,
Vorpal Blade (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
Frost Brand (worth 3000 zorkmids and 7500 points)
Cleaver (worth 1500 zorkmids and 3750 points)
Grimtooth (worth 300 zorkmids and 750 points)
Trollsbane (worth 200 zorkmids and 500 points)
Dragonbane (worth 500 zorkmids and 1250 points)
The Master Key of Thievery (worth 3500 zorkmids and 8750 points)
The Bell of Opening (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
The Candelabrum of Invocation (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
The Book of the Dead (worth 10000 zorkmids and 25000 points)
Stormbringer (worth 8000 zorkmids and 20000 points)
5 jacinth stones (worth 16250 zorkmids),
5 garnet stones (worth 3500 zorkmids),
4 aquamarine stones (worth 6000 zorkmids),
3 rubies (worth 10500 zorkmids),
3 obsidian stones (worth 600 zorkmids),
2 jasper stones (worth 1000 zorkmids),
1 topaz stone (worth 900 zorkmids),
1 opal (worth 800 zorkmids),
1 fluorite stone (worth 400 zorkmids),
4 amulets of ESP (worth 600 zorkmids),
3 amulets of life saving (worth 450 zorkmids),
2 amulets of strangulation (worth 300 zorkmids),
2 amulets versus poison (worth 300 zorkmids),
1 amulet of change (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of unchanging (worth 150 zorkmids),
1 amulet of reflection (worth 150 zorkmids),
and 0 pieces of gold, after 71035 moves.
Killer: ascended
You were level 18 with a maximum of 268 hit points when you ascended.

You reached the 638th place on the top 2000 list.

No Points Name
Hp [max]
1 2003016348 Babamus-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
14888 [14888]
2 179897206 Vector-Tou-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
- [2638]
3 126245102 art-Tou-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
6967 [6967]

636 3032542 sawtooth11-Rog-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
289 [289]
637 3032298 djm-Mon-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood.
222 [298]
638 3027122 blindcoder-Rog-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
268 [268]
639 3026686 Erokh-Bar-Hum-Mal-Cha ascended to demigod-hood.
191 [372]
640 3024680 crazy-Sam-Hum-Fem-Law ascended to demigoddess-hood.
472 [496]

Rogues will have lots of fun throwing daggers.

You ascended without neurotically optimizing your AK (the way I do).
HoB, shirt and maybe even levitation boots could have been
further enchanted. But like you said, stoning through the hordes
was fast work. And the Key helps a *lot*... oh well.

Hm... only skilled 2-weapon? Well, expert gives only so much better
advantage, and it's dangerous to advance Exp just to get more skill points.

The priests' geysir - spell attack might have boiled your potions.

Suppose conflict risks high priests attacking you?

Anyway, nice work!

--
Zan the Knight of Virtues
---

> Rogues will have lots of fun throwing daggers.
Yes, I had 49 +3 daggers, but I left them all behind. Even carrying only
a few of them proved lethal to my carrying capacity.

> You ascended without neurotically optimizing your AK (the way I do).
> HoB, shirt and maybe even levitation boots could have been
> further enchanted. But like you said, stoning through the hordes
> was fast work. And the Key helps a *lot*... oh well.
I considered it but eventually decided against it out of fear of blowing
up some equipment.

> Hm... only skilled 2-weapon? Well, expert gives only so much better
> advantage, and it's dangerous to advance Exp just to get more skill points.
I stupidly enhanced short sword early which took away quite some slots.

> The priests' geysir - spell attack might have boiled your potions.
I had to take that risk :)

> Suppose conflict risks high priests attacking you?
Yes, but it's just beautiful to watch them all killing each other while
you just wade through to the next portal / the high altar.

Greetings,
Benjamin