Sign in with
Your question

Is my windows a trial or full version?

Last response: in Windows 7
January 16, 2013 8:40:37 AM

My friend upgraded my laptop for me, from Vista to Windows 7 Ultimate, when i go to computer>properties there is no sign of Windows Activation at the bottom, the last thing on the list is the WORKGROUP. I've used 2 programs i found online and they both told me my key/serial number for my laptop and they both said the same key/serial, so i'm guessing i have the full version and not a trial, but it just isnt displayed in the properties for some reason, could anyone help please?
a b D Laptop
January 16, 2013 10:04:54 AM

There isn't a trial version for win7. You should have a full version.
a b D Laptop
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 16, 2013 10:07:42 AM

There is no trial version of Window. There is a trial period of use before you must activate the installation. How long have you been using this install?

Go here for more info on validating your install:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892130
Related resources
January 16, 2013 12:44:10 PM

COLGeek said:
There is no trial version of Window. There is a trial period of use before you must activate the installation. How long have you been using this install?

Go here for more info on validating your install:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892130

i've been using it since just before xmas, it was around the 11th of December i think
January 16, 2013 12:44:30 PM

christop said:
There isn't a trial version for win7. You should have a full version.

ok thank you :) 
a b D Laptop
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 16, 2013 1:23:10 PM

shaun88 said:
i've been using it since just before xmas, it was around the 11th of December i think

That would imply that your install has been activated successfully. Did you check the link to verify it is authentic?
January 16, 2013 1:34:53 PM

COLGeek said:
That would imply that your install has been activated successfully. Did you check the link to verify it is authentic?

i got confused when i clicked the link, it told me how they validate it etc but i didnt know how to go about doing it, like is it a program i download and run or do they do it online?
a b D Laptop
a c 243 $ Windows 7
January 16, 2013 2:57:16 PM

What were the results?
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2013 3:00:36 PM

If it's ultimate, it's probably pirated and then activated with an activator. Ultimate was 300$, no one gives that away unless it's a pirated copy.
!