1. What is your budget?
The budget is £2500-3000 (including shipping fees and VAT)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
The best that i can get!
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Plugged in all the time
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Ofc, Crysis, Cod 6&7, highest resolution possible
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Programming, watching movies, internet and music/photo editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Please recommend some
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Until it dies
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Blue-ray reader if possible
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Customized laptops only please
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Thanks in advance!!
the sager np8170 would be good.I was doing config was i7-2920xm and 485m, 8gb ram, blue ray reader, 1080p screen, ic diamond thermal compound, windows 7 64bit os, 500gb 1st hdd and 320gb 2hdd, changed wireless to intel 6230 for bt and wireless, freaking 3year warranty came out to be $3600 usd which comes about £2400 i think. + shipping i have no idea have to call but should still be in your budget. + you can prob squeeze in an ssd for the first harddrive and a big harddrive for the second or raid. Lots of config for you. I would email them for the shipping charges to the uk.
I would definitely recommend www.xoticpc.com as they have tons have different configurations that can fit your price perfectly, it just really depends on your preference. Its a great site if you dont want to spend extra money on that flashy little alien logo on the back of your laptop, as these laptops have just as much/more muscle as the Alienware ones do.
Clevo was the original OEM builder for Alienware ..... before they became part of Dell and I don't know who makes them now....like most other brands you have heard of, Dell doesn't make the laptops they sell.
* Quanta sells to (among others) HP/Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, NEC, Gateway and Lenovo/IBM - note that Quanta is currently (as of August, 2007) the largest manufacturer of notebook computers in the world.
* Compal sells to Toshiba, HP/Compaq, Acer, and Dell.
* Positivo Informatica sells to Samsung, Sony, Siragon, Toshiba, HP
* Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to HP/Compaq, Dell, IBM, NEC, Acer, and Lenovo/IBM.
* Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP/Compaq, NEC, and Dell.
* Itautec sells to Siragon, LG, Samsung, Sony
* ECS sells to IBM, Fujitsu, and Dell.
* Asus sells to Apple (iBook), Sony, and Samsung.
* Inventec sells to HP/Compaq, Toshiba, and BenQ.
* Lanix sells to Sony, Compaq, Toshiba, Siragon, Itautec
* Uniwill sells to Lenovo/IBM and Fujitsu & PC World UK own brand Advent.
* Clevo sells to Sager, VoodooPC, Falcon Northwest, Eurocom, WidowPC, KillerNotebooks, Xoticpc, Pro-star, and other "boutique vendors".
Read more about Clevo and get a list of UK distributors here: