SLASH'EM 0.0.7E7

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.announce,rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Announcing Slash'EM version 0.0.7E7 (development) ...

Version 0.0.7E7 is the fifth beta release of Slash'EM Vampire.

Changes made in 0.0.7E7:

Fixed build of proxy tests
Fixed bug 1071688: cannot compile on FreeBSD (termcap)
Fixed bug 1071623: Cannot compile on FreeBSD due to menucolor
inclusion
Fixed bug 993420: Crashes when typing symbols on drop menu
Fixed bug 1087609: Some platforms fails to compile
win/proxy/nhext.c
Fixed bug 1084366: ghoul queen don't has M2_FEMALE
Fixed bug 1066530: Fired/thrown items get new inventory letter
when retrieved
Fixed bug 992244: Alt Gr key doesn't work
Fixed bug 1076125: Unsuccessful use of medical kits
Fixed bug 1076123: Vampires can eat white pills
Fixed bug 994993: when polying, you take off T-shirt after
scales merge
Fixed bug 961914: Deep dragons should resist their own breath
Fixed bug 963344: Stat exercise effects calculated while
polymorphed
Fixed bug 1097792: Duplicate message when hit by sleep gaze
Fixed bug 1065927: Should bars stop bullets?
Fixed bug 947009: Scroll of taming exercises skill in healing
spells
Fixed bug 1077355: game crashes with: "panic monsndx - could
not index monster"
Fixed bug 1098686: Restoring a mounted character wielding Sting
can fail
Fixed bug 1098686: Restoring a mounted character wielding Sting
can fail
Fixed bug 1105100: Escaping from pits by polymorphing into a
mind flayer
Fixed bug 1107123: GTK Accepts any keypress as the default
response to question
Fixed bug 1110081: in_container() uses obj->quan after
deallocatin obj
Fixed bug 1116877: Dereferencing freed memory when applying
bags which explode
Fixed bug 951483: Wands of cancellation can be held in a bag
of holding

Binaries and source are available from the development page:
http://www.slashem.org/devel.html

--
J. Ali Harlow
ali@juiblex.co.uk

Just out of curiosity... what is the difference between Slashem and
Slashem Vampire?

p.s. when will it come out of beta?

tiny k

Funny thing is I have not found any thus far... seems to me you are
doing good work!
:)
tiny k

tiny k wrote:
> Just out of curiosity... what is the difference between Slashem and
> Slashem Vampire?

"Vampire" is just the name of the version.

--
If geiger counter does not click,
the coffee, she is just not thick

Could I be horrible and ask for a compiled version of the Allegro DOS
interface? It doesn't seem to ever compile for me, and, well, I like
the isometricism and functionality.

tiny k <kdlittle88@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity... what is the difference between Slashem and
> Slashem Vampire?

Vampire is a name for one of the development series (the one that started
with 0.0.6E5 and covers all of 0.0.7). Slash'EM Ranger is the name for
the development series that is currently considered stable (latest release
is 0.0.6E4F8).

> p.s. when will it come out of beta?

When people stop finding nasty bugs! We found and fixed a load more in
0.0.7E7 so there's a chance that that's it and we're actually ready to
go stable. It can be a little difficult to tell since people don't
always report bugs, even when they cost them their games but I try to
keep my ears open.

Cheers,

Ali.

Arcane Cossack wrote:
> Could I be horrible and ask for a compiled version of the Allegro DOS
> interface? It doesn't seem to ever compile for me, and, well, I like
> the isometricism and functionality.

Thats my fault, I will make one as soon as I get my @#$! DOS build tree
up again.

Clive