Fun ways to lose a pet you are riding on

I've had a couple of funny things happen with riding pets.

I keep losing them. One way is just having them unexpectedly killed.
I've got a healing spell now, so that is getting better.

But then I was fighting a c or maybe Medusa and one dragon or
jabberwock got turned to stone. Oops. Then I had to break the statue
to get the saddle back!

But the last one was funny. My dragon ate a chameleon corpse and
turned into a salamander. I guess you can't ride a lizard!

- Bobby

bdurrettccci@yahoo.com wrote:

> But the last one was funny. My dragon ate a chameleon corpse and
> turned into a salamander. I guess you can't ride a lizard!

But you can!

After all, a dragon is nothing more than a big, huggable, lizard.

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).

bdurrettccci@yahoo.com wrote:
> I've had a couple of funny things happen with riding pets.
>
> I keep losing them. One way is just having them unexpectedly killed.
> I've got a healing spell now, so that is getting better.
>
> But then I was fighting a c or maybe Medusa and one dragon or
> jabberwock got turned to stone. Oops. Then I had to break the statue
> to get the saddle back!
>
> But the last one was funny. My dragon ate a chameleon corpse and
> turned into a salamander. I guess you can't ride a lizard!
>
> - Bobby

What happened to the saddle? Did it fall off, dissappear, stay on?

Also, I've had my (non-yellow) dragon actually bite a cockatrice. I
thought they weren't that stupid. How did yours get stoned? Did it
actually bite the creature, or hear hissing or something? Stone to flesh
worked appropriately though.

bdurrettccci@yahoo.com:

> But the last one was funny. My dragon ate a chameleon corpse and
> turned into a salamander. I guess you can't ride a lizard!

As a lapsed biology major, I feel strangely compelled to note:
even though they look lizard-like, salamanders (and newts) are
amphibians, not reptiles.

--
Bobby Schmidt

Andy Johnson schrieb:
[losing pets while riding them]

> Also, I've had my (non-yellow) dragon actually bite a cockatrice. I
> thought they weren't that stupid.

Monters attacking you while you're mounted will randomly attack you
_or_ your steed. If they attack your steed, it will try to retribute,
stupid or not.

--
Konstit on monet, sanoi akka, kun kissalla pöytää pyyhki.
Vaihtelu virkistää, sanoi kissa, kun akkalla pöytää pyyhki.

"Boudewijn Waijers" <kroisos@REMOVETHISWORD.home.nl> writes:

> bdurrettccci@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > But the last one was funny. My dragon ate a chameleon corpse and
> > turned into a salamander. I guess you can't ride a lizard!
>
> But you can!
>
> After all, a dragon is nothing more than a big, huggable, lizard.

For some values of 'huggable', yes. The unwary tourist,
when meeting a bunch of dragons, should, however, not
start trying to get a photo of him hugging them.

YAOI with a new twist: Allowing a camera to actually
capture pictures somehow is an old idea surely (maybe
this would only be revealed at the final DYWYPI, and
not creating new 'picture' objects). But, if monsters
would be able to use the camera as well, you could get
pictures of yourself in a manifold of situations
("This is me choking on my food, but since I had the "oLS,
I went on." "This is me, naked, while fighting off an archon,
two arch-liches and.. hey, wake up! We're not nearly done
with the show yet!")

Not a serious idea, but I like the thought.

Best,
Jakob

Jakob Creutzig wrote:

> YAOI with a new twist: Allowing a camera to actually
> capture pictures somehow is an old idea surely (maybe
> this would only be revealed at the final DYWYPI, and
> not creating new 'picture' objects).

> Not a serious idea, but I like the thought.

Well, I'd sooner abolish the camera than try to implement taking and
conserving pictures... If only to stop people suggesting the latter.

Not a serious idea, and I don't even like the thought. :)

--

On 2/24/05 5:42 AM, Boudewijn Waijers wrote:
> Jakob Creutzig wrote:
>
> Well, I'd sooner abolish the camera than try to implement taking and
> conserving pictures... If only to stop people suggesting the latter.
>
> Not a serious idea, and I don't even like the thought. :)

There is, in fact, a "photography patch" floating around somewhere, I
believe. I don't use it, but iirc, it creates a photo item and gives a
description of the photo you've taken. E.g.:

p - a photo of the scenic Gnomish Mines.
q - a photo of an angry Gnome Lord

So everybody: Google for "photography patch" and stop annoying poor
Boudewijn! ;-)

--
Kevin Wayne

"I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"Waters? What waters? We're in the desert?"
"I was misinformed."